SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of good quality cross bars under a $100 they would recommend and/or own and use?
I need one to hold a carrier basket, not that much weight.

thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
I found the Volvo factory option (Thule) bars that snap right into the rain-gutters of my slick-roof V70 for $50 on a car that was listed for sale at a local Volvo Independent shop. Shop owner was happy to sell them to me. Take a look at your local CL and see if any V70 or S60 P2 cars have these removable cross-bars. Though if you have euro-rails, all of this is no help, though craigslist is where you'd find a used set of Thule/Yakima cross-bars and euro-rail clamps (usually fit a variety of sizes of euro-rails).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the Volvo factory option (Thule) bars that snap right into the rain-gutters of my slick-roof V70 for $50 on a car that was listed for sale at a local Volvo Independent shop. Shop owner was happy to sell them to me. Take a look at your local CL and see if any V70 or S60 P2 cars have these removable cross-bars. Though if you have euro-rails, all of this is no help, though craigslist is where you'd find a used set of Thule/Yakima cross-bars and euro-rail clamps (usually fit a variety of sizes of euro-rails).
i have been looking everywhere I can locally. so far the search hasn't been good. i did find a set of OEM square rails but no response from the buyer for over a week. the search is still on but also keeping an eye out for other options.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
16,861 Posts
A quick search (2.5 hours from you) shows a Thule set for 35 bucks on CL.
https://duluth.craigslist.org/pts/5288596420.html

Depending on which car in your signature you're seeking them for (I would assume the 01 v70 since you're in this section), these are on ebay for a 100 buy it now (s60):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-Brand...ash=item35f5a07a08:g:yyYAAOSwsFpWSSv7&vxp=mtr
And these for a v70 for 48 bucks! (but not OEM):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-RO...ash=item2a56d60ae5:g:8usAAOSw~gRV28eJ&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh man. this is why I love the forum so much! thanks for the info! I got a few PMs from people right away trying to sell me their roof racks! Yesterday I just happened to stop by Strandberg Auto which is a local Volvo/Saab euro junkyard and they had just gotten a XC70 with OEM volvo cross bars! picked them up for $75 they were in great condition!! I'll post up some pics as soon as I get the roof basket on!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
eBay has the Volvo OEM ones for like $150... In all 4 styles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love Strandberg Auto. Been going there since the 1980's and every time feels like a religious experience. Glad you scored.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts