SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone on this forum selling a software upgrade for a 2004 s60R?
I have a 3" catless exhaust systems with elevate air box and ipd TCV now I just wanna flash my ECM and don't feel like paying 800$ for a new set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I may be misunderstanding your question but if you're asking what companies do tunes here are your top options, in no particular order:

http://www.jzwtuning.com/product-category/volvo-products/volvo-s60r/

http://hiltontuning.com/product-category/allproducts/stagetunes/volvo/p2r04/

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4669/112072-ipd-soft-loader-engine-managment-flash-tune
(softloaders are out of stock so they only have the mail-in option right now)

http://www.ardideas.com/ARD-ECU-Software-Upgrade-Softloader_p_244.html
(Though ARD does not have a stellar reputation for tuning the S60R/V70R on this forum)

If you don't already have a DICE unit, any of those tunes will cost you a bare minimum of $500.

I don't know of any forum members who just do tuning as a side hobby and have a solid track record. Tunes are pricey on these cars but the alternative is constant and untraceable engine management faults, bad or non-existent customer service in the face of subsequent issues, or worse, you outright crack a cylinder due to your budget tune.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do custom tunes as a side hobby. Zero negative feedback and no engine management faults nor mechanical failures.
I have tuned about 40cars now. Volvos are most popular, but Audis, Seat, VW etc share the same ECU base.
Most are stock hardware tunes, but there are also cars with upgraded internals, turbo, injectors etc.
I have found many secrets in Volvo files that limit the output of the car and no other big name tuner has found/used.
Where's your location?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I do custom tunes as a side hobby. Zero negative feedback and no engine management faults nor mechanical failures.
I have tuned about 40cars now. Volvos are most popular, but Audis, Seat, VW etc share the same ECU base.
Most are stock hardware tunes, but there are also cars with upgraded internals, turbo, injectors etc.
I have found many secrets in Volvo files that limit the output of the car and no other big name tuner has found/used.
do i have to be local for you to tune me?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone used contrasts tune? What is the cost for your tune Contrast? Do you have any stats or anything for your tune? What about decreasing reliability? Just looking for more information other than you found some performance limiting files that other tuners haven't...thank you, just doing my research...

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
A real dice isn't 500... It's like 2k... A Chinese clone is more like $100.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
once i get everything sorted on my car, i plan on getting a tune from contrast. i have already talked to him and everything.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone used contrasts tune? What is the cost for your tune Contrast? Do you have any stats or anything for your tune? What about decreasing reliability? Just looking for more information other than you found some performance limiting files that other tuners haven't...thank you, just doing my research...
I live in NJ and he did my tune all the way from Europe remotely and believe me you'll be happy with his work all you need is an empty road or a highway to record a few pulls fro him and let him do his magic....I have told few of my friends about him and they're all happy with his work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
once i get everything sorted on my car, i plan on getting a tune from contrast. i have already talked to him and everything.

All I know that guy is the man when it comes to running volvos he'll give you the max amount power your car need without having to worry about damaging your engine.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
just need a darn exhaust

·
Registered
8,738 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Wrong. I think I looked up the price last year. I'm a Volvo dealer tech and it was 800 and something EUR.
thats like $890

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Can we come to the conclusion that tuners are like Chef's or a winemaker. Each can work with the same ingredients but have their own take. A lot of tune information is several years old. Each tuner has a different feel. I have tried all four of the major tunes, but not all that are avaliable . I do hope to to do another round of the tuner shoot out at some point

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts

Can you get rid of the CEM fault code ;) ERRRm, your statement is no true dude. I found all the secrets years ago. Rob took it from there. I proved IPD wrong on auto limiter, and I found all the sneaky limiters, handmade a map pack of over 1300 maps, disassembled the whole file, made a data logger, flasher, all with the help of Rob, there's like 20+ limiters and I created the first 5 BAR file for 05.

So for you to say that it's a little belittling my efforts Gustav.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts