SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's finally time - in two weeks I'm driving 240 miles to my friend's place in Oregon and we're manual swapping one of my S70s. I want to put a Quaife LSD in. Due to multiple websites stating "in stock", I didn't think I needed to order this very far ahead (seriously, people, if the part is a slow boat away across the ocean, it is NOT IN STOCK!!!!). Apparently that was a mistake! I have one supplier who is checking to see how much it would cost (probably $200+) to direct-ship one from the UK to me. Anybody have any ideas or a used one that they would like to sell?

Also, is anybody familiar with a helical-gear LSD made by MFactory? I found one build blog where somebody used one in a M66 6-speed transmission in a mid-2000s S40/V50, and it cost about half of what the Quaife does and apparently is US-made. Can anybody confirm if the M56 and the M66 use the same differential? Or where I could buy one of these units to fit a M56?

I'm up against the clock on this one; I really want a LSD as my roads are wet about 9 months of the year, and I only plan on dropping the transmission once (I'm getting too old to do this stuff any more), and I'll be a long way from home doing this work so I need to have everything that I need there, either shipped to me before 8/5 or to Oregon between 8/5 and 8/9.

Thanks for reading, and let me know quickly if you have something - if the shipping is less than $300 and I can get one directly from the UK I'll probably do it just so I can have one in time, and I'll need to place that order tomorrow most likely.

·
Registered
17,796 Posts
M56 and M66 use different design differentials and aren’t compatible.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts