SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per this thread http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=117088 I'm looking for Volov badge that's located on the steering wheel of our cars. From what I can tell, it's on the steering wheel of most, if not all late model Volvos. The problem I'm having is that I can't order this from Volvo. It comes affixed to the airbag, and if I want it, I'm looking at buying an entire airbag. So it looks like my only option might be to find one from a Volvo that has been in an accident with the airbag deployed. I've already checked the yards around here, and struck out.

If anyone can help me find one of these, I'll be willing to compensate you for your time and whatever it costs to get the badge to me. Any takers?

Here's what I'm looking for, from the middle of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Re: (mofolicious)

that logo is clipped into the steering wheel. I just tried to pull mine off to paint it because the chrome is chipping away, and theres little claws that go into the steering wheel. Thus i did not for fear of the steering wheel blowing up in my face. lmao.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Another idea you can try is making a custom Vinyl of the logo and slap it on some type of plastic and glue it onto the grille. Just fine a good quality picture of the logo online and bring it to a custom decal or vinyl shop.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Re: Looking for a favor from a Swedespeed member (mofolicious)

What do you need it for? A badge to place on the outside of the car? Maybe this, if modified, will work just as well:

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-C3...-3203/

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well looks like I might be SOL on this one. I'm told this piece gets destroyed when an airbag deploys. I don't have any wrecked Volvos anywhere near me to check for myself.

I guess I'm going to have to give up on this one.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Re: (sanatarium)

I have a spare steering wheel (yeah, yeah, wtf, right?). When the dealer put on my sports steering wheel, I kept my original. I don't have it with me right now so I'm not sure if the emblem is there, but I'd be willing to sell it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.