SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good quality exploded drawing of the rear suspension and components for a PV444 -544. What I am referring to is like the drawings found in parts manuals that would allow one to order the correct part. Unfortunately, there is no Haynes manual for the PV, and the Clymer book is not detailed enough.

If someone out there has a scanable image they would be willing to post, I might be able to copy the image and use that.

Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Don't forget that several different rear axles were used in these cars, particularly the early 444's. What year and model, exactly, are you most interested in?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gearbasher -
Thank you ! Exactly what I needed. Trying to figure out what to replace the stock rear end with. I'm looking to have a stronger setup, with rear discs and taller gears. SCCA doesn't like the tapered axles, due to hub failures, and since I'm running more than double the horsepower and torque of the original engine, I'm looking for stronger axles as well. I'm planning on running 205/60 x15s in the rear, om AR Torquthrust D wheels, so ineed to have the hub face to hub face measurement spot on to avoid tire rub on both the inside and outside of the wheelhousing - I don't want to cut the body for tire clearance.

My car is a 1958 PV444. Engine 1994 Camaro 3.4 V6, with a 4l60e trans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts