SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey can anyone help me, im really looking for an 850, glt, or turbo (doubtful), for around 5500 maybe 6000 at most if in the state of NC..im looking to buy one in like three weeks..and i really need to find a good deal can anyone help me. please
thx jared

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
For that amount of money, you'd probably be limited to '93-'95 non-turbo 850s with high mileage (I've seen a few 850s sell on ebay in the $6500-$7500 range, but not many). If you really want a turbo, check out 940 turbos. They're more likely to fall in the price range you mentioned, however they only come with auto transmissions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx dude i appreciate it, well i got a question for anybody who wants to reply. i found this volvo 850 glt, its a 93 and it has 130k miles on it. there is nothing wrong with it the guy said and it is an awesome deal i have pictures and stuff but it is 5000. is that a good price or do you think something might be wrong...? im sort of wondering cause im actually thinking of buying it..
oh and btw i wasnt expecting to find a turbo fo rmy price range but it is still worth a try

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
If it has an auto transmission that is original, turn around and walk away. The '93s had auto trans problems, often resulting in failure around 100K miles. If it has an auto that's been replaced, check the fluid for color and smell (does it smell burnt? is it brown or black? either one would not be too good). Another thing you should look at on any 850 you consider is the A/C, which can have problems with the evaporator (expensive repair). Also, check the engine for oil leaks, especially the rear main seal. If it has a 5 speed, it's probably worth buying if it's in good shape. One other thing to consider for the future is that if you ever want to upgrade the wheels, you won't be able to use any Volvo wheels other than what came on the '93s (they have a 4 bolt pattern, only year to use it.)

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts