SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at V70s. Currently I have a Suburban, and part of what I'm looking for is a vehicle that is more responsible to own (ie. lower polluting, less of a gas appetite).<P>In researching V70s, I've found on Edmunds that the V70 is going to a new V70 model in early 2003 as a 2004 model. Does anyone know what's planned? I've had Volvos before, and I've learned (the hard way) that a first model year Volvo model is sometimes not as good as subsequent years. I don't want to wait for a 2005 model, but if I buy a 2002 model, will I regret not having the features and refinements in the 2004 model?<P>I'm also interested in fuel mileage experience that people are getting with both the non-turbo model and the lower horsepower turbo version. (I wish they sold the diesel here!).<P>Thanks for your help,<BR>Mark

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sc2149:<BR><B><BR>In researching V70s, I've found on Edmunds that the V70 is going to a new V70 model in early 2003 as a 2004 model. Does anyone know what's planned? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Mark,<P>as far as I know, there is not new V70 coming out in MY2004. The new V70 was just redesigned for MY2001. You will see another new wagon, the V50, in that model year but not a new V70.<P><BR>Yannis<P>

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
What edmunds is referring to is the v70r. It's still the same v70, just with more hp. They mix things up some times, so its like a new variant on the v70, just they make it look like a new car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts