SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at s70 t5m, has P0243 code (bought)

I've read and seen that this could be the MAF or TCV. Luckily my friend has a parts car that I can pull both from before going to look at it. Is there anything else major I should be looking for alongside trying to fix the code?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've read and seen that this could be the MAF or TCV. Luckily my friend has a parts car that I can pull both from before going to look at it. Is there anything else major I should be looking for alongside trying to fix the code?
So we unplugged the MAF and it drove home fine for 3 hours. got 28 MPG and it says 141k miles but the title says 19x,xxx miles. Pretty sure the DIM got swapped out at some point or something. Either way it's pretty clean, just some clearcoat peeling and a few bumper hits/scrapes. Was missing right rear window glass, went and got a door for 40 dollars at a local pick yard and will replace the glass. Hood doesn't latch completely, front suspension is iffy, but for 600 it runs pretty great.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$600 is very decent for a runner. What year is it, and post pics of that beautiful shifter when you can!
1998 t5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks clean! Looked up P0243 looks like wastegate actuator or the actuator solenoid. I would investigate that, how does it boost?
It was running dirty but after unplugging maf no issues (except probably running very rich). I've never driven a stick so I'm waiting for a day off to go practice in a parking lot lol, my friend drove it back for me. I saw it hit about 90 at one point, wasn't too far off my v70 I think, but I'll have to see

I have a spare IPD tcv I was gunna throw in it after replacing the MAF just to be sure.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shifter pic too :D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah buddy!!! So jealous of changing gears 😭
Ive been toying with the manual mode in the v70 for a while, but can't wait for the real thing haha

·
Registered
17,790 Posts
Ive been toying with the manual mode in the v70 for a while, but can't wait for the real thing haha
Really no comparison.

What type of flywheel does it have? Looking at the trans will immediately tell you if its a single mass with external slave cylinder

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really no comparison.

What type of flywheel does it have? Looking at the trans will immediately tell you if its a single mass with external slave cylinder
I've no idea honestly. Haven't looked too hard yet as I have a few things to fix before insuring it. I'll pm you with the vin? And you can send me some tips

·
Registered
17,547 Posts
Oh, damn. This ought to be fun! Wish i was 25 and had this for 600. My first car at 16 was an m21 rwd and had limited slip. So damn fun.
I've no idea honestly. Haven't looked too hard yet as I have a few things to fix before insuring it. I'll pm you with the vin? And you can send me some tips

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, damn. This ought to be fun! Wish i was 25 and had this for 600. My first car at 16 was an m21 rwd and had limited slip. So damn fun.
Yea I'm gunna have a great time. Scottish told me it's an smf. Hope it's a lot of fun to learn on. Anyone have winter tire recommendations for the stock 16s?

Rwd is also another thing I've never done. Tried on racing sims though . Very tough on dirt stages!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so the good: Full black leather interior, red cherry? wood trim, same as the 2001. A/C works. heat works. heated seats work. interior is very very clean. Has a 6 cd changer in the back, not sure if it works. My friend has the center dash, amp and radio to go with it I'm going to nab off of him.

the bad: passenger lock doesn't work. no rear right window. bad MAF. p0243 code. Was told suspension feels sketchy. Parking brake light is on. Brakes are soft. Strut mounts are easily rotated. Radio says "OFF".

·
Registered
17,547 Posts
All in good time. Tackle window, MAF, brakes and parking brake, then struts. Radio needs code. I have one but display is dead. And it's got code. Comes out so easy. Maybe a minute.
so the good: Full black leather interior, red cherry? wood trim, same as the 2001. A/C works. heat works. heated seats work. interior is very very clean. Has a 6 cd changer in the back, not sure if it works. My friend has the center dash, amp and radio to go with it I'm going to nab off of him.

the bad: passenger lock doesn't work. no rear right window. bad MAF. p0243 code. Was told suspension feels sketchy. Parking brake light is on. Brakes are soft. Strut mounts are easily rotated. Radio says "OFF".

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All in good time. Tackle window, MAF, brakes and parking brake, then struts. Radio needs code. I have one but display is dead. And it's got code. Comes out so easy. Maybe a minute.
For sure. Gunna get the MAF off fcp, i have a window, and the code for the radio, but it has to sit for 3 hours with the key in 1 for me to put in the code. Either way I'm gunna be swapping to the sc-??? Radio with 3 disc changer, center speaker and amp.
I'll have to drop it at my mechanic to see what's wrong with the brakes and ebrake. Hopefully a caliper isnt stuck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts