SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are replacing our 2000 S60 , and have driven an A4, VW CC, Passat, and an S60. She wants an S60, and this is what we have decided we want:

Black Saphire T5
Beechwood leather with Premium pkg
Multimedia
Climate

We think we also want PCC, Blis, xenon.

Less sure or front/rear parking assist.......

Experiences/opinions?

Are folks finding they can buy their cars at or near invoice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you live in a crowded metro area like I do, I find the parking sensors and backup camera invaluable. Parking in NYC is sooooo easy now. I like having a car with builtin nav. I find the gps incredible accurate with addresses. Inputting via controls is a little annoying but once you get the hang of it the voice reg is faster.

Everyone says to get the xenons. I didn't because the cars in stock didn't have them and Ill have to live with that but hey lease is up in 32 months!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Oh and the car has what I like to call fake PCC. Once you insert the fob into the slot and start the car, you can just pull it out and put it in your pocket so your keys aren't dangling. You can turn off the car at your destination without needing the key in the slot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm very close to ordering mine.

Vibrant Copper Metallic / Beechwood
Premium
Climate

I'm skipping Multimedia - poor reviews of the premium sound system, plus I have lousy hearing anyway. My iPhone's Navigon app is $30, so it'd be a waste of $2700. I did discover that the rear backup camera can be dealer-installed for $1300, and was tempted, but I opted for the $500 front/rear park assist.

I'm skipping BLIS because it falsed constantly in my two overnight test drives (2 different S60s, and different weather conditions). Alerts that false a lot are useless, because people get used to them and ignore them. Not worth the money.

I'm adding Xenons because I like 'em! The Halogens are projector, so they're probably just fine, but I've driven with xenon headlights for the last 8 years and am used to them.

I'm adding Njord wheels, because hey, $250 for different wheels.

I'm adding the PCC, because sticking keys in slots is so 20th century.

Dealer quote for me, as of today, is $35925. I'm probably getting ripped off. Yay!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't catch the backup camera as a separate option, I was confusing that with front/back park assist.... Is the backup camera not included with multimedia? I'm out of town an cant get to the Volvo website on my iPad (suddenly it requires flash)....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn't catch the backup camera as a separate option, I was confusing that with front/back park assist.... Is the backup camera not included with multimedia? I'm out of town an cant get to the Volvo website on my iPad (suddenly it requires flash)....
It's included with the Multimedia pack, but if you don't want the whole pack, you can now pay the dealer to install just the backup camera.

I've liked having the backup cameras in a few rental cars, but ultimately didn't use them because it creeps me out to not look over my shoulder when backing up.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I'm very close to ordering mine.

Vibrant Copper Metallic / Beechwood
Premium
Climate

I'm skipping Multimedia - poor reviews of the premium sound system, plus I have lousy hearing anyway. My iPhone's Navigon app is $30, so it'd be a waste of $2700. I did discover that the rear backup camera can be dealer-installed for $1300, and was tempted, but I opted for the $500 front/rear park assist.

I'm skipping BLIS because it falsed constantly in my two overnight test drives (2 different S60s, and different weather conditions). Alerts that false a lot are useless, because people get used to them and ignore them. Not worth the money.

I'm adding Xenons because I like 'em! The Halogens are projector, so they're probably just fine, but I've driven with xenon headlights for the last 8 years and am used to them.

I'm adding Njord wheels, because hey, $250 for different wheels.

I'm adding the PCC, because sticking keys in slots is so 20th century.

Dealer quote for me, as of today, is $35925. I'm probably getting ripped off. Yay!
You may want to consider joining VCOA if you're buying and not leasing - $60 for a year's membership and you'll get A-plan pricing. That should save you a few grand at least.

And FWIW the halogen headlights are not projectors.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you are looking at MY12 you should be able to do much better than A-Plan or Invoice right now. I've seen them openly advertised by dealers at $6000 off MSRP here in Chicago. In-stock cars of course. That's a nice looking color combo you have selected btw.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
My wife and I are replacing our 2000 S60 , and have driven an A4, VW CC, Passat, and an S60. She wants an S60, and this is what we have decided we want:

Black Saphire T5
Beechwood leather with Premium pkg
Multimedia
Climate

We think we also want PCC, Blis, xenon.

Less sure or front/rear parking assist.......

Experiences/opinions?

Are folks finding they can buy their cars at or near invoice?

Thanks!
Delete BLIS and add front/rear parking assist, PCC and Xenon.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have BLIS. You get folding mirrors with it. If you need folding mirrors then you should
get BLIS; otherwise, I would not purchase it again (but no issue with it if there is a car on
the lot configured with it that you want).

Big thumbs up on PCC and Xenon.

I park in a tight garage spot which is tricky getting in and out of and the front/rear parking assist does
help. My wife has just the rear parking assist on her XC90 and the addition of front sensors does make
a difference. I would go for front/rear park assist again.

I think purchasing a car in inventory is the best way to get a deal. There are still a few 2011 T6s around
that should be available at a good price, if you could find one in your area.

Don't forget the $1000 Volvo loyalty rebate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My previous car had rearview camera and my T5 has front and rear park assist. I prefer the front and park assist over the rearview camera. I find it more useful than the camera. I do regret not getting xenons, PCC, and Njord. I had xenons and a simular PCC feature in my previous car and I do miss them at times

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are looking at MY12 you should be able to do much better than A-Plan or Invoice right now. I've seen them openly advertised by dealers at $6000 off MSRP here in Chicago. In-stock cars of course. That's a nice looking color combo you have selected btw.
Sorry for being dense....... MY12? Right now the best that dealers are offering me first glance over the phone is $500-800 over invoice. Haven't done any tough negotiating just yet.

Maybe I should look closer at Chicago and ship one to me. Would prefer to buy personally if I can but there isnt' much to choose from in Seattle. One car that fits our criteria. Looking at another in Portland and a third near Denver where I am on a business trip.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
My previous car had rearview camera and my T5 has front and rear park assist. I prefer the front and park assist over the rearview camera. I find it more useful than the camera. I do regret not getting xenons, PCC, and Njord. I had xenons and a simular PCC feature in my previous car and I do miss them at times
I heard that in the near future a rear camera will be required for all future sales in the USA...... We had a friend of a friend that was a member of the St. Louis Symphony that accidently ran over one of their children...soooo sad. We got the rear camera........
Once you have the park assist it's hard to go back.....that's been my experience!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I think purchasing a car in inventory is the best way to get a deal. There are still a few 2011 T6s around
that should be available at a good price, if you could find one in your area.

Don't forget the $1000 Volvo loyalty rebate.
Eh, I wouldn't go so far on that. As of 4 weeks ago the number of new 2011 T6's was right around 30, most being in weird color combos/option packages. And the dealers that actually still have them around have them for a reason - they weren't willing to deal!

And $6000 off MSRP = A-plan pricing, FYI.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Once you have the park assist it's hard to go back.....that's been my experience!
And the opposite is true. I never had this until my previous car and only got it because the car that I bought from the lot had it (rear only). Now it's a prerequisite! and the front sensors are a welcome addition!

·
Registered
26 Posts
You may want to consider joining VCOA if you're buying and not leasing - $60 for a year's membership and you'll get A-plan pricing. That should save you a few grand at least.

And FWIW the halogen headlights are not projectors.

Yeah, I tried the VCOA route. Talked to 3 different dealers, and their prices are all within $300 of each other, and lower than the A-plan deduction from MSRP.

I have to special order because apparently Volvo won't ship T5s to the US that have Climate, Xenons, and/or are copper/beechwood. It seems that Xenons were the biggest limiter, seconded by Climate.

I read the thing about the halogens being projectors somewhere on the internets. Can't find anything official on Volvo's site. Oh well.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Yeah, I tried the VCOA route. Talked to 3 different dealers, and their prices are all within $300 of each other, and lower than the A-plan deduction from MSRP.

I have to special order because apparently Volvo won't ship T5s to the US that have Climate, Xenons, and/or are copper/beechwood. It seems that Xenons were the biggest limiter, seconded by Climate.

I read the thing about the halogens being projectors somewhere on the internets. Can't find anything official on Volvo's site. Oh well.
The Halogen housings are not fitted with Projector style headlamps like the Xenon's are.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts

Really? You found 3 dealers willing to undercut A-plan? That is shocking given what I went through last month, but if that's the case, good for you!

I'm not surprised that you'll have to special order, most dealers just order the common options for their lots to keep costs down.

A-plan on a '12 T5 as the OP is looking to equip it will be $37,412 (if you include EVERYTHING you listed, plus f/r park assist). Remember you will get $1000 loyalty bonus if you own a Volvo now, or $1000 if you own a competitor vehicle. Not sure what market you're in but there may be other incentives too. That loyalty/conquest money should come off even an A-plan price so don't let a dealer tell you otherwise!

UNX, looks like your A-plan as you are looking to equip would be $33,929. You are definitely getting ripped off! You shouldn't be paying more than 33 OUT THE DOOR with incentives applied.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are you a member of Costo? That's where I found my best pricing - ended up being $4,000 below sticker. (but that was a year ago)

Stan

1 - 20 of 46 Posts