SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Looking @ at buying 2001 Coupe Advice?

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Token 
#1 ·
I went and drove tha car it drives very well and the only thing I noticed was a Serivce light on. is this a big deal is there any other problems i should look for.?

Thanks in Advance

#2 ·
Re: Looking @ at buying 2001 Coupe Advice? (zdsquared)

Was this a private sale or from a dealer? Little things like the service light being on can mean something as simple as an overdue oil change. And even after the oil is changed, the light will still stay on till it is manually reset.

#3 ·
This is a Private sale.

I Think the service light makes a sense according to the service sticker on the window it is about 200-300 miles over due.

some more info on the car.
2001 HPT coupe
Other problems Brakes a bit spongey and a interor rattle comming from the back seat.

#4 ·
My brakes are spongey and its a 2003 with only 15,000 miles.

I think the C70 brakes are bit a spongey compared to other newer Volvos. But they're quite effective!

I think it would be a great buy. You have to remember that the car still looks good and they're hard to come by (in good spec). If you keep postponing it until you find the 'perfect' one, you may end up missing the boat.

#10 ·
Re: (Token)

Quote, originally posted by Token »

Don't talk nonsense. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing.

Mine is an MY2003, made in 2003, registered in 2003 with Volvo, has a 2003 number plate.

Bul**** Token, perfect example what I meant in the new C70 topic...

THERE IS NO C70 COUPE MY 2003 and certainly not built in 2003...

A '99 can also be registered in 2006 so then you have a '06 Coupé

#12 ·

Yes there is a MY2003 coupe. Its on my driveway

Sorry to see you can't accept it, but I guess it must be beacuse you're driving a ****ty '99.

Are you 5 years old or just retarded? There is no MY "03 Coupé...

Stop the crack boy...

MY '03 was only the conv. with the new clear headlights and clear rearlights.

#16 ·

Well then it must have been made at the end of 2002 in time for 2003 delivery. But it would still be an MY2003, because the model year is always one year ahead of the actual year right?

Coupés were made till the end of Summer 2002, never came a MY03...

And what do you mean with new... it's four years old, brake fluid should be changed every 2 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.