SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Engine counterbalance shaft, center of 60 degree V, implemented to counter interbank vibration.

Transmission angle gear, convert transverse gearbox parallel output (front axles) to perpendicular output (rear differential).
Oh whoops. Thanks! I swear I mess these up more than I get them right[emoji19] The valve body was what was replaced midway 2007, right?

Sent from my igloo using a polar bear.

Details on your auto start? I haven't seen one working without a ton of wiring around the immobilizer and CANBUS system. If it's wired incorrectly (even slightly) it can really screw up the computers in the car. GV had a post about that a couple years ago.

Im pulling the trigger on a 14 xc90r. Loved the test drive. What are the options for adding a remote starter?
Congrats! 2014s are sorted out, no major issues. With the CPO warranty you will have many years of worry free driving. The R-Design seats a more supportive with the larger bolsters and comfy for my torso. The '14 also should have a leather grab handle on the upper rear trunk lid.

If you come across a good remote start option for the XC90, I would like it as well. Prefer that it work like the new Sensus Connect and offer an app on the phone so you can start it from the 9th floor office. :)

Details on your auto start? I haven't seen one working without a ton of wiring around the immobilizer and CANBUS system. If it's wired incorrectly (even slightly) it can really screw up the computers in the car. GV had a post about that a couple years ago.

Mine was put in by the dealer at purchase. I'm not even sure what the make is. A simple push button fob. The compustar though can be installed and the imobilizer is decrypted by software no need for a third key.
EDIT: Here is the one that I have installed in the XC: http://www.automatecarsecurity.com/Products/Automate/6004/AM6.2.aspx

And sorry for trolling here, but Autotrader shows a 2014 3.2 FWD R-D with 12,000 miles for just under 37k, while a very well optioned 2009 V8 AWD R-D (rarest XC90 combo, last year of the V8)with 57,300 miles is 22k. I also found the same year with 109,000 miles for 17k. With very few changes, you might want to look at an older model. But again, it's all personal preferences.

- Couldn't agree more on the V8 over the last 3.2 mode, but ss far as I can tell the last full MY of the xc90 V8 was 2010 with a few rarest of the rare extending into early 2011 MY. ( these are virtually unseen on the used market) An R design of this vintage would be the best used xc90 to be had IMO and after diving the new one and its overrated 4 cylinder with new aesthetics aside, it would be the best xc90 on the road..

The complimentary map updates is interesting. I assume my S80 came with the same, and I know the PO never used it. I'm glad I asked the service manager of my local dealer to check for any updates that haven't been done, and he said everything was done. The more I learn, the less I trust this dealer's current staff.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.