SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a low mileage (87k) 2007 S60R for sale. According to the internet it's on it's 4th owner. I'm going to see it tomorrow and hook up my Dice tool if she will let me. Over the phone she says it probably needs a timing belt, one of the struts has an error message (front driver strut). 5500 bucks.... Too good to be true? A steal? Just right?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I found a low mileage (87k) 2007 S60R for sale. According to the internet it's on it's 4th owner. I'm going to see it tomorrow and hook up my Dice tool if she will let me. Over the phone she says it probably needs a timing belt, one of the struts has an error message (front driver strut). 5500 bucks.... Too good to be true? A steal? Just right?
For where you are located, and it being an SR, it may be slightly over priced. Im not an expert though. Is it an auto or manual? That will drive the price a bunch too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
what's the paint color and interior? that will help determine a fair price. also I would consider block testing the motor just to make sure it doesn't have a crack

·
Registered
17,447 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Block tester for exhaust gasses in coolant. Test drive for at least 15 minutes and check for the coolant light or coolant loss at the overflow tank, excessive pressure at the upper radiator hose.

Pull plugs, look for white dust/residue around the plug holes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Test the fluid before relying on it. It has a shelf life in my experience. Put some by your tail pipe and make sure it changes colors. I have some old test fluid that no longer changes when exposed to exhaust gases. Granted, its been on ny shelf for a couple years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
3,960 Posts
Don't do it!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Figure the strut is $300 or so. I would replace the hardware when I am in there. Not sure if you are doing the work or a mechanic, that will factor into price.
You will also need an alignment, ~$100.
Around $600-700 all in for tbelt/tensioners/wp/coolant/serp belt and labor.

You'd be in close to $7k after all said and done. If the body is clean and you plan on keeping it for a bit, that's not a terrible price.

·
3,960 Posts
Don't do what? Don't buy?
Yes, unless your willing to spend a bit. If you expect to pay 8k all in for a good car, I think you'll be happy but if your worried about affording the cost of 6k or less I'd walk. These cars are great if you willing to spend a bit up front. I've had my R almost 7 years/80k miles ($18k later in performance, wear and tear and subtle features) I couldn't be happier and now I have a rock solid R that can will last longer than any new cheapo luxury ride today.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, unless your willing to spend a bit. If you expect to pay 8k all in for a good car, I think you'll be happy but if your worried about affording the cost of 6k or less I'd walk. These cars are great if you willing to spend a bit up front. I've had my R almost 7 years/80k miles ($18k later in performance, wear and tear and subtle features) I couldn't be happier and now I have a rock solid R that can will last longer than any new cheapo luxury ride today.
I'm not too worried about too to much costs. My total budget is around 8500. At first I didnt know what is the going rate for a R. There are a few a couple hours away with higher mileage and more money. I've also learned that the exhaust isn't stock either. Trying to find out if it was done nicely or bubba'd.

I see it this afternoon. I always wanted a V70R, and I'm scheduled to see a 9-5 Aero wagon this weekend. It's way cheaper, higher mileage but enthusiast owned and did overseas delivery. Wish I could afford both tbh.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I`d get the 9-5 Aero Wagin because they are cool. S60r`s are vanilla looking. V70r first choice though.
Interesting... I kinda want the waggy bad. It's a '07 model but 192k and well kept. hoping to score for under 2k. We will see how the S60R excites me today and how clean it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts