SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

First time, long time - reason to finally post, looking to purchase C30 as a fun summer car that I may or may not tune :)

So, local large dealership fresh trade just came in.

2008 C30 2.0
Cosmic White with the Brown trim
Manual trans
1 owner car fax
WELL maintained
No leather but immaculate two tone cloth interior
Slick top (which is exciting to me for the extra head room - I am 6'3)
VERY clean - was daily commuter for an older woman

So my question is, what should I pay for it? KBB and NADA are around 6k - they are asking 7.5k. Thoughts?

Plan would be to lower it a tad, tune it and have fun for the summer.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update - dealership did their inspection and found the left and right CV boot / axle needs replacement and a motor mount. They were going to send to auction based on that, but asked them to hold up. The car is so clean, if that is the only thing it needed, it is a shame it would end up in auction. They would go ahead and fix it ($1,400 bucks - parts and labor), and discount the price....but still looking at 7k.

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
I paid ~$7k on a 2010 R-Design, with 120k on the clock, in December. I think the 2.0 and the later R-Designs were the same idea.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just bought one exactly like yours but 2009 with sunroof and 135k for $6,250 with a fairly complete service history.

·
Registered
92 Posts
you are pinching pennies, bro
an extra 1000$ is like 20$ a month more on your car payment
if the car is clean and you love it that is fine to pay
yes, you can get a C30 cheaper but most likely with over 100,000 miles

you didnt tell us how many miles are on the car?
if it is under 100,000 that is a fine buy.

if you are curious, my 2008 Rdesign I paid 3800$ but it has 150,000 miles and it smelled like dog
It has not even been 9months and I have dumped 2000$ more dollars into and had to steam clean the entire interior

make sure you test drive the car on the highway at 75mph and make sure the steering wheel does not wobble
this car has problems with unbalanced drive shafts (CVjoints), lower control arms and wheel bearing hubs which all cause a bit of shaking at right about 75mph
also, start the car and let it idle a few minutes and pull out the engine oil dipstick, if you hear a pop or wheez sound it may need a new PCV valve/box

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
The dealer likely only gave $4k-$5k for it on trade. If it's got exceptionally low miles, then $7k isn't terrible, but there's no way they'll get that price at auction, so you might push and see if you can get it for less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts