SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Respray maybe but the leather is 3 massages of conditioner in and still tacky. I'm not sure it's seen any in a long time. Which sucks. Ive got a whole box of stuff from Ammo NYC coming in so hopefully that helps. Stitching is gone in a few places and I'll stick that together with some leather adhesive. Tbth I'll probably need a re skin from vivo if they still do it but that's $$$ and will he down the line.

Weatherstrip I mean this stuff.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille Wood

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Also for the abs sensors... That looks like it'll be interesting getting a wrench in there but I've dealt with worse so... I'm guessing fluid is going to dump when I pull them or is there a check valve? Assuming no. Gonna hold off on them until the new rotors and pads show up. Pads got done about 5k miles ago but not the rotors and they pulse some when braking. Might do the stainless lines then as well. Just drain the system from the bleeders at the back wheels so I'm not getting brake fluid all over. E brake shoes too. They probably just need adjusting as the e brake is funky engaging but theyre $12 for new ones so might as well.

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Yep - those are the ones you and everyone else on the planet wants to get replacements for. NLA... ANYWHERE :(
@tabormeister may be onto a product writeup to cut the old stuff off and glue new stuff on.
Respray maybe but the leather is 3 massages of conditioner in and still tacky. I'm not sure it's seen any in a long time. Which sucks. Ive got a whole box of stuff from Ammo NYC coming in so hopefully that helps. Stitching is gone in a few places and I'll stick that together with some leather adhesive. Tbth I'll probably need a re skin from vivo if they still do it but that's $$$ and will he down the line.

Weatherstrip I mean this stuff.

View attachment 154878

·
Registered
19,274 Posts

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Get the whole parking brake kit. It's cheap enough.
I don't know about the abs sensors.
Also for the abs sensors... That looks like it'll be interesting getting a wrench in there but I've dealt with worse so... I'm guessing fluid is going to dump when I pull them or is there a check valve? Assuming no. Gonna hold off on them until the new rotors and pads show up. Pads got done about 5k miles ago but not the rotors and they pulse some when braking. Might do the stainless lines then as well. Just drain the system from the bleeders at the back wheels so I'm not getting brake fluid all over. E brake shoes too. They probably just need adjusting as the e brake is funky engaging but theyre $12 for new ones so might as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Ok cool. Wow you'd think that with the body being the same as "normal" volvos there'd be stock or someone in the aftermarket would make them if it was an item everyone needs but I guess not. I'm from Mustangland tho where 90 bazillion were made and the aftermarket is huge so. Yeah...

Thanks for all the answers, helping me get this thing situated. Just did the oil which was legit the easiest oil change ever. A filter right out in the open pointing down. Imagine that.

·
Registered
2009 C30 T5 R-Design; 2008 XC70 3.2NA
102 Posts
This site will be your friend for obscure trim pieces and what not: Volvo Parts & Accessories - Official Volvo Parts Online Store
I'm guessing there might be a European counterpart? Either way, it's been a GODSEND for such things, and the prices usually aren't that bad. Usually coming in at about half what the dealer quotes me, even though I always can have it shipped to the same dealer for free where they have it ready at the parts counter. Stock's typically pretty good and they have what no other retailer carries. If nothing else, it's awesome for getting the correct part numbers for your particular VIN.

·
Registered
19,274 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I don't know how I missed that. I'll have to resurrect that post and ask him how it's holding up. I added it to my cart. Thanks!
That's the post I have bookmarked to work on my trim with

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I just bookmarked it too, good stuff. Still don't see that aftermarket universal weatherstrip in stock anywhere. I'll Google Fu later.

I did pop the shifter knob off and it was loose because the pin in there was busted in half already. Very hard to get it off. So I tried to put m8x1.25 threads on it but the cheapie kit I have for metric is no bueno so ordered a high quality one with sharp teeth that'll get the job done. In the meantime I will shift gingerly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
So... lots of maintenance stuff ordered...

All new mounts, front, rear, right, trans torque and upper plus the billet strut bar bushings to make it solid. Subframe poly bushing inserts, new coolant expansion tank as suggested, rubber floormats and OEM Volvo rear cargo mat, a few trim pieces that were janked up, headlight wipers... new high carbon rotors and Akebono pads for all 4 corners. Few other things.

Now I need to figure out the stereo. The stock piece is... a piece... And then the speakers.

Also holy crap IPD overcharges... I made a cart there and then googled the part numbers and saved probably like $150 going with other retailers for the same thing. But they do have some good stuff and still spent a chunk with them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Looking at doing the front leather seats with stuff from Elwood Controls. Have done a full upholstery job before with new foam on my Mustang but don't see anyplace where there is still foam for these in stock so probably will beef up the old foam a bit and then install. Also suspect the TCV is flaky so got the Pierburg one from Rockauto on the way.

Car has been a ton of fun driving the last week and really like it. Still have a long way to go to get it how I want it as far as interior/exterior but parts on the way.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts