SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
And if you find a console out of the UK, you can still install it. Same part number as the LHD cars. The shift knob is easy to swap, I saw some on Amazon UK for 35 GBP. Push down, rotate and pull up, it's that easy.

Let's see pics already!

·
Registered
2004 V70R (Titanium Grey/Nord) / 2016 XC90 T6
237 Posts
And if you find a console out of the UK, you can still install it. Same part number as the LHD cars. The shift knob is easy to swap, I saw some on Amazon UK for 35 GBP. Push down, rotate and pull up, it's that easy.

Let's see pics already!
What about the brake lever? - Nvm....RHD would def be a different part number

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I've been looking at a lot of the threads. Apparently brake lever is the same. The leather boot is the rare beast. I can get one made by redline if I can't find an oem one. I sent an email out to the auto parts place in Wisconsin to see what their shipping policy is like for a black console out of an 06R. I'm lucky I have a USA shipping address over here. I think I will still need to find the proper space ball (lol) shifter surround.

The 04 I'm getting actually has the OEM Volvo car phone installed lol. So that'll be going when I do the bezel so I can put a touchscreen in which I hear requires some Dremel work for the CEM but that's not a big deal.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've been looking at a lot of the threads. Apparently brake lever is the same. The leather boot is the rare beast. I can get one made by redline if I can't find an oem one. I sent an email out to the auto parts place in Wisconsin to see what their shipping policy is like for a black console out of an 06R. I'm lucky I have a USA shipping address over here. I think I will still need to find the proper space ball (lol) shifter surround.

The 04 I'm getting actually has the OEM Volvo car phone installed lol. So that'll be going when I do the bezel so I can put a touchscreen in which I hear requires some Dremel work for the CEM but that's not a big deal.
If you keep the 04 CCM / radio you don't have to Dremel anything. I had a 7" touch screen in mine before I found an 803. Just use a double din kit.
However, if you want to have the aluminum bezel around the CCM / radio it is my understanding you do have to Dremel a little as its one big box, I asked a fellow member on here a while back what he Dremeled and I cant seem to find the conversation :(, but I don't think it is much at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Car is mine! woo! Sitting at work and need to get some pics but I'll get them.

Doing more and more reading on here and thread searches and looking at getting it back to "Stage 0" which it is mostly there already.

What's been done:

-CEM
-Brand new OEM 4C shocks/struts function 100%
-OEM ignition coils/wires/plugs
-OEM fuel pressure sensor
-OEM fuel sending unit
-Skandix Fuel Pump
-OEM fuel filter
-OEM water pump/timing belt
-OEM o2 sensor
-OEM air filter
-OEM fuel pump gasket and filler cap
-Brakes done pretty recently

What still needs to be done (IMO)

-Shifter knob is loose and needs to be done, does anyone make a replacement or am I going to have to get a tap and die set out?
-Center console
-Replace brake pressure sensors (seller has them in box)
-Stainless brake lines
-Control arms, balljoints, endlinks, bushings unless seller has receipts for them being done
-All engine/trans mounts
-FMIC (seeing most ppl use CX Racing?)
-Hilton Tune and IPD downpipe (unless there is a better value catted downpipe)
-Maybe exhaust but reading this forum it seems the downpipe is the power adder and exhaust doesn't do much except sounds great?

Interior also needs to be detailed pretty badly. Its not dirty, but the leather is a little hard and there are a few trim pieces that are cracked that are easy replacements like the seat belt guide. Already ordered those and a bunch of stuff from AMMOS NYC for getting everything clean and soft and nice.

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Scotty's just about to find out, that's for sure!
Car is mine! woo! Sitting at work and need to get some pics but I'll get them.

Doing more and more reading on here and thread searches and looking at getting it back to "Stage 0" which it is mostly there already.

What's been done:

-CEM
-Brand new OEM 4C shocks/struts function 100%
-OEM ignition coils/wires/plugs
-OEM fuel pressure sensor
-OEM fuel sending unit
-Skandix Fuel Pump
-OEM fuel filter
-OEM water pump/timing belt
-OEM o2 sensor
-OEM air filter
-OEM fuel pump gasket and filler cap
-Brakes done pretty recently

What still needs to be done (IMO)

-Shifter knob is loose and needs to be done, does anyone make a replacement or am I going to have to get a tap and die set out?
-Center console
-Replace brake pressure sensors (seller has them in box)
-Stainless brake lines
-Control arms, balljoints, endlinks, bushings unless seller has receipts for them being done
-All engine/trans mounts
-FMIC (seeing most ppl use CX Racing?)
-Hilton Tune and IPD downpipe (unless there is a better value catted downpipe)
-Maybe exhaust but reading this forum it seems the downpipe is the power adder and exhaust doesn't do much except sounds great?

Interior also needs to be detailed pretty badly. Its not dirty, but the leather is a little hard and there are a few trim pieces that are cracked that are easy replacements like the seat belt guide. Already ordered those and a bunch of stuff from AMMOS NYC for getting everything clean and soft and nice.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I indicated where you can find a replacement shift knob a few posts back. Amazon UK has them. It's literally 2 mins of your time to replace it, no tools required. If the small pin that holds it in place is gone, you can use a small allen head bolt, if needs to stick out roughly 2-3 mm towards the passenger side.

SS brake lines: I had them on my 04, let's just say I'm glad my 05 has stock rubber lines. Some people love the new pedal feel, I didn't.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not worried about doing the work. Just making sure I don't buy anything twice or do something stupid. Have a full toolset, cherry picker, jacks, stands, press welder etc... Last rescue was a full engine swap and suspension overhaul.
You could buy two air filters and cabin air filters from FCP and never pay for a filter again :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I indicated where you can find a replacement shift knob a few posts back. Amazon UK has them. It's literally 2 mins of your time to replace it, no tools required. If the small pin that holds it in place is gone, you can use a small allen head bolt, if needs to stick out roughly 2-3 mm towards the passenger side.

SS brake lines: I had them on my 04, let's just say I'm glad my 05 has stock rubber lines. Some people love the new pedal feel, I didn't.
FangFang Car Auto Gear Shift Knob Shifter Fit for Volvo V70 S60 T5 S60R V70R 2005 2006 Accessories 2007 2007 : Amazon.es: Car and motorcycle

This one? But then I can't run a pokeball shifter... THE POK-E – flossy shop (shopflossy.com)

Also I'm not sold on how secure it'll be with how sloppy the one on there is now. Like... its really loose. Something that screws down and locks in place is more my speed but I'll have to pull the shifter knob off and take a look at the clip.

Congrats on the new R, OP!!! You've scored yourself a truly special and increasingly rare vehicle. Hope I can get one someday. Enjoy!!!
Thanks! I love having these "oddity" vehicles. I've had a SHO Taurus, Contour SVT and my Mustang is a Steeda GT #0048. Everyone knows about Saleen and Roush but not many know Steeda did official builds as well.

You could buy two air filters and cabin air filters from FCP and never pay for a filter again :)
Yeah probably lol. I'm on IPD at stuff just to get some of the basic stuff done and it's gonna add up lol. I still have to find a console too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sorry my phone went nuts with the upload... No idea...

Anyway. Mechanically the car is awesome. Has a code for the brake sensor.

Interior... I didn't buy it for the interior. It's not bad and it's a 2004 with 130k but still. The Atacama is faded vs the reddish brown you can see on the headrests and armrest. Needs a lot of work. It'll get there. Being atacama I know I'm kinda screwed for replacement parts but for now I'll worry about getting all the small nit things fixed like work weatherstrip, console swap, getting the codes cleared and the motor/trans mounts need done.

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Nice find and glad you got it home! Great color combo and manual with euro lenses!
Stuff is quickly becoming NLA and the pandemic didn't help sustain anything that was still around.
HL wipers are easy to get from Amazon, weather stripping is NLA if you mean trim along w/s.
Looks like a possible atacama respray in places, as some of the stitching isn't white anymore like you see on door cards.
Also looks like someone sprayed the beltline trim same sapphire and appears to have done a nice job as it's textured and dimpled and hard to get smooth (I noticed it on back).

Reactions: scottydsntknow
21 - 40 of 56 Posts