SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per thread title. Former 2011 XC70 T6 owner looking to jump into a second vehicle to haul my 4 youngsters. Looks like the driveshaft was replaced 3 1/2 years ago at ~38 k miles, starter replaced at 24 k miles and induction system serviced at 80k about a year ago, control arms replaced around same time as starter. Otherwise, the vehicle was serviced every 5 k miles on the dot at a Volvo dealer. It currently has 95 k miles. Price is good and it looks to be in good shape. Any thoughts/reservations? I appreciate any and all feedback.

·
Administrator
55,940 Posts
It appears the driveshaft is working well after about 60k miles (38k to 95k). Maintenance is a good thing if done properly and having a detailed service history is something highly recommended. I wouldn't have reservations with what you've posted so far.

Look underneath for any damage or excessive rust.

Drive over some uneven surfaces to see how much noise the front suspension makes - usually there are some pops and creaks that can indicate worn bushings, control arms, strut bearings, etc. But most XC90s make a little noise as they age.

Does it have all 3 keys? (two remote fobs and valet)

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Driveline might have been center bearing due to heat or a balance weight might have some off. Starter is packed in pretty tight and can fail due to heat, it was replaced early, has not been an issue since, right? Induction service, no idea what the heck that is, some chemical used in the intake to clean out the engine? LCA bushings can get worn out pretty quick if you're driving constantly on crappy roads (XC90 is heavy!), also done early in the game but drives okay today with no veering when you apply the brakes?. If that's it and the car was otherwise serviced regularly, does not seem to be anything too concerning. Good luck!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys! I would be buying blind (out of state purchase, which I've never done), so can't do a personal inspection. However, the vehicle is being sold by a Volvo dealer (same dealer that serviced it). It's been in their inventory for a couple of months and is priced to move, ~2-3k under KBB/Clear/NADA. I'm waiting on a call back to speak with them personally.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sounds like a diligent previous owner, which is a good thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts