SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2006 V50 and are thinking about picking up another one. I have found a 2005 v50 (t5 AWD, M66:))

Its north of 80k miles. What should I look for during the test drive and service records? Our 2006 2.4 has only 40k miles, and been trouble free. I just want another one with moar POWARRR;) I've never driven the T5 AWD - but I really like our 2.4 so I can assume that its only that much better with the added power, AWD, and sport suspension.

Its an m66. Whats the expected clutch life? I guess I can estimate the wear based on how much travel there is in the pedal before engagement.

Anything to look out for on the M66 specifically?

What else?

I hope it has service records. If not I'll pass. I missed out on a 2010 R Design and am kicking myself for not jumping on it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I don't think that there is really a way to tell this, but the clutch slave has a tendency to go out on these cars. Mine just died about a month ago and the car was at 72k. But like I said, I don't think that there is a way to feel this coming.

Beyond that, I'm not sure of any other common problems. Maybe small stuff like the GPS screen-raising-gear (I need help on this). Just make sure the screen opens on command.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did all m66 t5 awd come with the sport package? If not how do I tell if it has the sport suspension, etc?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts