SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 v70r silver, blue leather 6 speed 151,000 miles, it's had some components replaced (master cylinder and timing chain) within the past 22,000 miles. It's sitting on Nokian wr g2 treads. I would rate it in Very Good condition.I am seriously considering buying this car, I can't find any data on how much one with this many miles is worth, kbb isn't too precise with higher mile caRs I hear.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
2005 v70r silver, blue leather 6 speed 151,000 miles, it's had some components replaced (master cylinder and timing chain) within the past 22,000 miles. It's sitting on Nokian wr g2 treads. I would rate it in Very Good condition.I am seriously considering buying this car, I can't find any data on how much one with this many miles is worth, kbb isn't too precise with higher mile caRs I hear.
I paid 7400 for my 04 VR with 158k over a year ago and I feel if I had pushed a little harder, he would have come down to 7k. My car is a 6 speed mt. Lots of bs stuff had been replaced on mine. New clutch to the tune of $2300 before I got it( with new Volvo rms and slave), new timing belt, ac compressor changed, other misc stuff including end links replaced.

I feel you have huge negotiation power beacuse not even Volvo enthusiasts want a Volvo with 160 k on it. I think I will just drive mine into the ground. I do have several other cars so I'm not putting 15k on the car a year either.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Seriously, there will be a couple of things wrong with it. Figure them all out, then use that as bargining power. Also plan on there being a few things wrong with it that you miss. Ie when I bought my jag I went over it with a fine tooth comb. I used my video scope to check for rust, condition of motor, he'll I even put some gas it. Too bad when you put a full tank in, it leaks. Good thing I had planned for some bs and the gas tank has easy accessibility under the back seat.

See if you can't talk them down to 6500, or 6000, or if your good 5500 or lower.

·
Registered
393 Posts
What is the asking price? I bought a 04 v70R 6spd manual, in good condition April of 2011. Some minor things here and there, tires had bad camber wear. Clutch was done at 100k miles, but not the timing belt. The car had 132k on the clock and their price was at one point 9500 and dropped it to 9k. I ended up getting it for $7500. The car has 155k now and no major issues with it other than normal maintenance. So I wouldn't offer more than 8. Make them an offer in person and walk if they say no. Let them know your serious about your offer and point out why your lowering your offer then walk, I'm sure they will say yes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts