SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 SR with 120,000 on it. The front struts are toast and I am planning on doing a moderate refresh on it while it's apart. Here is the list from rockauto. I will also be using IPD's lowering springs and HD endlinks. I have seen no reviews on either of the IPD products, any insight there? Take a look at my list and tell me what I am missing or if I should look at replacing anything else.

MONROE Part # C1503 OESpectrum Electronic Shock Absorber D
$291.89 $583.78
ÜRO PARTS Part # 8634457 Strut Mount, Front
] Front; Use w/ 9461728 Spring Seat; Front E
$31.99 $63.98
MOOG Part # K160031
REAR UPPER A
$41.79 $83.58
MONROE Part # C2502 OESpectrum Electronic Strut

$281.79 $563.58
: Coil Spring SeatRelated Parts
KYB Part # SM5351 Mount Components (Only 4 Remaining)

Hopefully this list makes sense. Basically I've listed the 4c struts, part #2502 & 1503, as well as the bearing mounts in front and the mounts in the back. I also am planning on using the XC90 mounts in the front, anything I need to know about using these? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I believe you need the Monroe C2501 and C1501 instead.

I'm interested in learning more about the IPD lowering springs. Who makes these springs? Are they any good compared to Eibach, TME, Heico?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Control arm bushings for front and rear?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You know there is a buy 4 for the price of three promo from Monroe?
And if you fill in a code in the "how id you hear about us" blank RA gives you $55.76 off.
You get all 4 delivered for $875 +/- depending on what shipping is to your ZIP.
If you search using google on this site you should find the thread that lists the code you need for the add'l RA bucks.
Monroe will give you rebate for one of the shocks and with the OE spectrums being C2501--$287.79 and C1501--$269.79 you'll get the $269.79 as rebate. Rebate ends 10-31-12

·
Registered
330 Posts
Lucky you, when I checked the Monroe site earlier, C1501 was not one of the eligible products for the promotion. Nonetheless, I got a good deal from RockAuto and they shipped fast.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have confirmation from Monroe's rebate customer service that C2501 and C1501 are included in their buy 4 get one free rebate.
As for the struts, I just ordered them from RockAuto and they drop ship from Monroe, which is nice and quick shipping.
You want C2501 (front) and C1501 (rear), these are the factory shocks for the S60R... can't comment on the V70R.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
RA site gives me shipping quote $152.. Is this normal? I'm in Boston area. And can someone share the promotion code ? I tried to search but came up empty..

So far total price including shipping $1322 :(

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
RA site gives me shipping quote $152.. Is this normal? I'm in Boston area. And can someone share the promotion code ? I tried to search but came up empty..

So far total price including shipping $1322 :(
There are usually 2 results for each strut. Choose the one that is slightly more expensive because the shipping is much less.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I would call RA. I'm not sure where wearhouses are located but my shipping is 32.61. One set of shocks will show a USA flag and others will show the Union Jack. I wonder if you selected the UJ symbol shocks n struts and this is shipping from the UK? I would call and ask RA about it.
I spoke with Monroe rebate help line and they said the Rock Auto promotional money is not a disqualifier for the rebates. If you enter 107703168845393 in the " How did you hear about us" line on RA checkout it gives you a discount. The Rep from Monroe said the rebate is not in jeopardy if the price of the shocks shows and the RA promo doesn't give you a free shock. The shocks and struts must show their own price line and the promo discount being another line is not a disqualifier.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Highly recommend polyurethane LCA bushings, and the IPD poly subframe bushing inserts. Eliminates slop, makes steering razor sharp, & IMO actually IMPROVES ride.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I would call RA. I'm not sure where wearhouses are located but my shipping is 32.61. One set of shocks will show a USA flag and others will show the Union Jack. I wonder if you selected the UJ symbol shocks n struts and this is shipping from the UK? I would call and ask RA about it.
I spoke with Monroe rebate help line and they said the Rock Auto promotional money is not a disqualifier for the rebates. If you enter 107703168845393 in the " How did you hear about us" line on RA checkout it gives you a discount. The Rep from Monroe said the rebate is not in jeopardy if the price of the shocks shows and the RA promo doesn't give you a free shock. The shocks and struts must show their own price line and the promo discount being another line is not a disqualifier.
FYI, the discount code listed above expired on October 14, 2012.

The following code doesn't expire until December 2, 2012 and is also good for 5% off (same discount as the code above): 113376079290161

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Highly recommend polyurethane LCA bushings, and the IPD poly subframe bushing inserts. Eliminates slop, makes steering razor sharp, & IMO actually IMPROVES ride.
Can you link me to the polyurethane LCA bushings?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I would call RA. I'm not sure where wearhouses are located but my shipping is 32.61. One set of shocks will show a USA flag and others will show the Union Jack. I wonder if you selected the UJ symbol shocks n struts and this is shipping from the UK?
Bingo!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I won't get Uro parts again.. Put 2 Uro subframe bushings on in March, and 2 OEM bushings. The Uro ones are already disintegrating and will need replacement soon.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
URO and Scantech anything are way below OEM specification.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Can you link me to the polyurethane LCA bushings?
Viva has both Front and rear position. For the front, you can buy just the bushing without the sleeve and post for like $60, that is what I did. I just burned out the stock bushings, filed/wirebrushed the the sleeve and post clean, then used a giant arbor press to install the bushings, then the posts. Could be done on a vice too with a little more effort. I swear Viva had just the bushing... I checked all the Swedespeed vendors: FCP, IPD, Viva, didn't find just the bushing. I think you can buy from Powerflex direct though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good info here. Thanks all. And thanks for the heads up on the URO parts. I was eying those up. I will steer clear now. I think itll be poly. How did you burn them out? Torch? So ball joints, toe rods, and LCA bushings are on the list. Thanks guys. Now I have to get the misses to approve my $2k shopping list.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The rubber and inner sleeve often can be knocked out with a hammer with little difficulty if the bushing is really toast. Then you can use a hacksaw blade and cut mostly through the outer sleeve and then hammer and drift breaks it and it falls out. I haven't burned them out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts