SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
55,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to see if any members are near Wedge Engineering's shop in Longbeach and if anyone could perhaps drop off their car for a day -- We are looking to get a set of seat brackets made. No one has any for the P2 Rs. I know its a tall request to ask.

I spoke with them and they said they would need a car for about a day to properly build seat brackets. Once done, they would have the template for the P2 cars.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help. Recaro North America actually recommended them to me.

http://www.wedgeengineering.net/

Wedge Engineering
2031 Cherry Industrial Circle
Long Beach, CA 90805
Phone: (562) 633-1663

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Re: Longbeach, CA owners got a day? ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
We are looking to see if any members are near Wedge Engineering's shop in Longbeach and if anyone could perhaps drop off their car for a day -- We are looking to get a set of seat brackets made. No one has any for the P2 Rs. I know its a tall request to ask...........

Yea... no offense Chris, I like you, but this WILL be a TALL request. But here's a good path to start a meaningful engagement: "Sir, what do I get for return? " or "Maybe I can earn a share of your profit for each bracket you sell??"

or else it would be like this: "how come my seats are scratched up?", or "who put 100 miles on my car?" or: "hey, what you did to my turbo?"

R people here babied their car like pampering Eva Longoria there is absolutely no way a sane person would do this, it's like picking up a stranger along hwy 5, or offering your girlfriend to a bum name Jerome who lives behind Ralphs market.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: Longbeach, CA owners got a day? (stevectsai)

Quote, originally posted by stevectsai »
"Sir, what do I get for return? " or "Maybe I can earn a share of your profit for each bracket you sell??"

A discount on racing seats perhaps?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Longbeach, CA owners got a day? ([email protected])

This might be a stretch but wouldn't it be a (whole) lot easier just to buy a set of factory tracks and go from there?
Why tear someone's seats out when they can just buy a pair of tracks because
any (sane) owner would want something in return, this way there would be no exposure

·
Administrator
55,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Longbeach, CA owners got a day? (JRL)

Hey I was just asking.
I won't be profiting from the sale of anything on this, just looking for a solution to allow P2 owners the option to install Recaros, Momo, Sparco, etc aftermarket seats, currently there are no mass produced brackets. I think Jim's got a good alternative to pulling out seats. Erie probably has some inexpensive P2 seats that would do the trick. I'll chase that rabbit and see where it leads.

·
Administrator
55,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking the passenger side seat frame might have a slight bend.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Re: Longbeach, CA owners got a day? (R_Rated)

Hahaha...

A few years ago my car was rearended (rather lightly actually) at a stoplight by a woman driving an E320. I got out of the car, and she backed her bumper off of mine. There was a big 'ole swatch of paint gone (not to mention that my bumper was pushed in). The woman got out and said, "no need to worry, it'll just buff out."

$1K of body work and a few coats of paint later, she was right. I guess they just 'buffed it out'.

-Eric

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (Sue Esponte)

No kidding. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what the hell happened? Ouch.

Looks like the engine is still good. Anyone wanna do a DisCom style re-build? Maybe we should ship it to Helmut and see what he does with it.
(Sorry Johann, international rates are too much $$).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts