SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
16,103 Posts
Nice welding on the downpipe! Glad you're pleased with the exhaust. They are fantastically quiet for a sport system until you get the revs up, like any proper road car exhaust should be.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Long time no post...post

Did a few things to my platinum over the weekend. New motor mounts and axles.

Motor mounts went in easy and I was surprised at how much it raised the engine off the subframe.

Now the axles...I had been holding out for a set of OEM ones that I could re-grease and boot but I could never
find a good set at the local pick and pulls but I finally caved in and bought a set from Oreilly's. :facepalm:
Life time warranty...right? Lol. Lets see how long the last.

The lengths were correct and the splines were rather nicely machined...but the axle diameter on the passenger side was a little smaller.

Stock:

Aftermarket:

I painted the exposed surfaces with satin black rust oleum and installed.

Took it for a drive and no vibrations at highway speed ore weird noises. Lets see how they do.

I also made a downpipe for a local here and extended the offer to the Facebook market to see if there was interest.
Got a few orders knocked out and I'll ship them this week.

·
Registered
707 Posts
That DP looks nice.

(I need a TIG welder....)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
That DP looks nice.

(I need a TIG welder....)
Thanks.

Treat yourself and get one. It's an awesome addition to the shop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Anybody ever seen a manifold like this? Resembles a "Japanifold" but without the cast markings of one. Maybe it's a 1st gen that has been ported? But, the part numbers are not the same...

·
Registered
16,103 Posts
Anybody ever seen a manifold like this? Resembles a "Japanifold" but without the cast markings of one. Maybe it's a 1st gen that has been ported? But, the part numbers are not the same...

Yes. 00 Rs have them. It’s a little better than N but still junk and cast iron. Get the real deal lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Yes. 00 Rs have them. It’s a little better than N but still junk and cast iron. Get the real deal lol
I am keeping my eye out for one at the wrecking yards. I have and S60 manifold on it now but I would like to try out a new sound. Lol.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts