SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Background...

Bought a 2002 S60 T5 (custom ordered) back while I was stationed overseas. Loved it, drove it for 6+ years and over 100k miles...nothing to complain about except the Volvo burnt out light bulb issues.

Wanted to try something different and bought an Infiniti M35X... great car, although not much to look at... served me well for 3+years.

Yesterday I bought a (used) 2012 S60 T6 AWD R-Design... WOW! Volvo has definetly changed over the years. This one is sooo smooth during acceleration and the AWD is fantastic. She is passion red with most all the options (MULTIMEDIA, TECHNOLOGY, CLIMATE, PCC, BLIS, PARKING SENSORS)... it is an absolute blast to drive. First time out I used the queue assist... awesome! Technology has come a long way in a short period of time. Looknig forward to driving this one 100K+ miles also.

p.s. I want more HP... 325 is nice, but it seems like the engine wants to put out more.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful color choice! I love my S60RD and like yourself, I can't wait to add more HP when I get the chance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a feeling it will just have to be intake and exhaust right? Is that basically the only thing that can be done to them? At least to get any significant increase....

BTW, anybody else have a TPMS (low tire pressure warning) that won't go away. All tires are good on air, but the damn thing won't go off.... putting off going to the dealer for them to do a reset/diagnostic of some sort.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I have a feeling it will just have to be intake and exhaust right? Is that basically the only thing that can be done to them? At least to get any significant increase....

BTW, anybody else have a TPMS (low tire pressure warning) that won't go away. All tires are good on air, but the damn thing won't go off.... putting off going to the dealer for them to do a reset/diagnostic of some sort.
You have a bad sensor, this happened to mine next day after delivery.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

·
Registered
712 Posts
congrats, welcome. Fellow RD owner.

·
Registered
687 Posts
You have a bad sensor, this happened to mine next day after delivery.
x2 ! i had one too & they replaced the sensor under warranty

congrats !! love the car and the color

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
Nice looking car - congratulations and welcome back!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some Background...

Bought a 2002 S60 T5 (custom ordered) back while I was stationed overseas. Loved it, drove it for 6+ years and over 100k miles...nothing to complain about except the Volvo burnt out light bulb issues.

Wanted to try something different and bought an Infiniti M35X... great car, although not much to look at... served me well for 3+years.

Yesterday I bought a (used) 2012 S60 T6 AWD R-Design... WOW! Volvo has definetly changed over the years. This one is sooo smooth during acceleration and the AWD is fantastic. She is passion red with most all the options (MULTIMEDIA, TECHNOLOGY, CLIMATE, PCC, BLIS, PARKING SENSORS)... it is an absolute blast to drive. First time out I used the queue assist... awesome! Technology has come a long way in a short period of time. Looknig forward to driving this one 100K+ miles also.

p.s. I want more HP... 325 is nice, but it seems like the engine wants to put out more.

As you can tell from my signature it has been a while since I owned one (sold the 855 in 2006) and its nice to be back. Very pleased with my T-5.
Congratulations on your new/preowned RD!

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
There's a few of them out there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congrats on your RD. I love mine.

As far as exhausts go, there is a few out there. None of them up the power.

For me the 325 I have is enough to get me into illegal speeds quickly

·
Registered
955 Posts
Anyone else notice the polestar tunning emblem!?!

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
Not sure what you mean - all RDs have the emblem.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Anyone else notice the polestar tunning emblem!?!
You get that emblem when you register the car with Polestar; the previous owner did this.

·
Registered
459 Posts
This is a really exceptional car. You'll love it ... fun to drive and comfortable. Great color choice too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I noticed when I bought it that someone had tried to pull the emblem off... The corner is bent up and it is now crooked. Thinking of taking it off and trying to fix it and put it back on... maybe get a new one.. if possible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts