SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone with a 2011 S60 T6 AWD has surpassed the 100k mile mark and can report on reliability.

Registered
Well the T6's from 2008 and onways (not the early one fitted to 99-06 S80s) is overall a pretty reliable engine. I know there are lots with 100k+ miles available used here in Sweden. Lots as in as many as ones that had time to pass it, it's still a pretty new engine. But the engine fitted to your 2011 T6 (304 hp) is the same drive train as was fitted to 2011-2015 V70s, XC70s, XC60s, V60s and S80s. (Edit: I take that back. There are definitely not loads of them but I think that has a lot more to do with the big diesel boom for the past few years. Overall not many people took interest in buying either T6's or v8's for that matter and for that reason being the supply on the used market's pretty bleak too. But I can say that yes, 100-150k miles T6's do appears occasionally but most haven't gotten those kinds of miles yet. Those people putting on that many miles probably went for diesels or T3-T5 engines).

Another thing about the T6s adding reliablity are the timing chains. I'm not sure how widely adopted they are nowadays but as some early P3 cars (I think MY07-08 up until MY10-11) had problems with failing AC compressors causing engine failures (serpentine belt would overheat on the stuck AC wheel, snap and get caught in the timing belt) you're safe from that too. So I'd say it's just as reliable as any other petrol Volvo if not more reliable.

Super Moderator
Wondering if anyone with a 2011 S60 T6 AWD has surpassed the 100k mile mark and can report on reliability.
I have a 2009 XC70 with the T6. Now have 127,000 miles on it and it has been VERY reliable. It used a quart of oil between changes ONCE. Otherwise, no significant oil consumption. An inexperienced tech changed the oil when this happened, so there may have been a slight leak somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts