SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
I’ve checked the cylinder walls for coolant before, I don’t think it’s anything that serious (fingers crossed)

Well it’s home from the mechanic...
He had it for almost 3 weeks while we were on vacation... and NOTHING!
It started and ran perfectly for him, no matter how long he let it sit lol.
VIDA didn’t turn anything up either.

Can’t make it up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
So much snow! We’ve gotten way more snow than we’re used to this week. The C70 is looking rather sad, but at least it’s out of the salt.

If only I’d had the E34 finished like I was hoping... it should’ve been put together and out of the garage months ago! But I finally have all the parts to reassemble the engine... now if I can only have a mildly warm day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Most of the snow and salt is gone now, so I took the ol girl out for a little cruise today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Not much to update, which is a good thing! I’m waiting on some new battery cables to come in at the dealer, hopefully will solve my weird electrical issues.

I was nosing around my parents house today, and came across the original dealer plate, trunk tag, and business card of the salesman I bought the car from 14 years ago! He still works there and we still keep in touch occasionally. Very cool to have this stuff.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
My weekend project was to replace both battery cables. They were both loose on the terminals, and causing the car to randomly shut off during cranking. Add that to what I think is an electrical ground problem, it seemed logical to replace them.

Pretty easy job once you get the fan shroud out of the way.

At least, easy until this ham fisted bonehead over tightens the ground bolt lol. Got my first experience with EZ Outs! Worked like a charm luckily.

Went for a nice drive with the windows down this morning, seems to be ok, it fired right up. Time will tell if this actually fixed anything.

Reactions: CYB3RBYTE

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
I hate my apartment complex so much, and every single person in it…. Luckily I’m moving soon.

Reactions: CYB3RBYTE

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
The Volvo doesn’t have to live outside amongst trashy apartment people anymore! My wife and I bought a house at long last. Moving to Port St Lucie Florida this weekend. We just had the whole interior painted, as well as a new garage floor epoxy coating. Looks pretty sweet, and I could not be more excited.

Reactions: JaredR

·
Registered
17,479 Posts
The Volvo doesn’t have to live outside amongst trashy apartment people anymore! My wife and I bought a house at long last. Moving to Port St Lucie Florida this weekend. We just had the whole interior painted, as well as a new garage floor epoxy coating. Looks pretty sweet, and I could not be more excited.

Awesome! Congrats

161 - 168 of 168 Posts