Registered
16,671 Posts
oh wow was the whole thing cracked?!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
oh wow was the whole thing cracked?!
Nope, just had plenty of material and thought that would make it just that much stronger.

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe - Silver/light grey, 5 speed auto.

1995 BMW 525i - Black/parchment, I6/5 speed, restoration project.
2017 Toyota Yaris IA - Daily driver

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·

Starting to come together finally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Andddddddd DONE!! (Well, minus a few tiny little trim bits that I know I have somewhere)

What a job that was! Never again haha. But she’s together, seemingly squeak free.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Man, been a crazy few days in Volvo-land...

Took the car out for its first proper drive after finishing up the interior... turned the radio on and it started SMOKING!!!

Pulled over hella quick and shut everything off... yanked out the radio and it seemed to be isolated to just the radio...

Then driving home, the ignition was dinging constantly, had no interior lights, and the trunk open light was staying on... not good!

I took it to a local shop, and they found that it was completely isolated to the radio, it was actually the CD player that shorted out. And just a couple blown fuses causing the other issues. So yeah, gotta get a new radio at some point, but no other issues!
Phew

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Fun work today! Got the pressure washer out and did some proper cleaning of all the jambs, window trim pieces, just all the small stuff that gets missed in a regular wash. Such a satisfying job.

Also used some Griot’s Garage Leather Rejuvenator on the seats. They’re in great shape, since they came out of a 40k mile car... but I don’t think they’d ever had a clean or condition in their 20 years of life. So very dry and I was afraid of them starting to crack.
2 treatments of this stuff, and they are as soft and supple as the day they rolled out of the factory. I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Nice. What's up with the Wagoneer?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Nice. What's up with the Wagoneer?
That’s my dad’s! 1986 model, pretty minty inside and out. I’m hoping to add it to my collection one of these days.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Today provided the bargain of the year on Craigslist...

Some blurry pics of this extremely dusty C70 were posted, and I messaged the guy...

He runs some sort of big rig service company in this warehouse, and the tenants before were car dealers of some kind... when they moved out, they left this poor old C70 behind to rot away. Apparently it overheated very badly and then wouldn’t restart. This was 4 or 5 years ago, and it hasn’t moved since...

BUT the bargain part... I need a new front bumper, was planning on repairing and repainting mine, but this one looked in pretty good shape. So I enquired about it, as well as the wheels, which appeared to be Propus from the super blurry pics. They were indeed! And they were in good shape! Tires are from 10/14, but have tons of tread and I can’t find any evidence of cracking or age at all.

$200 total for everything!! And he threw in the SC901 as well... I absolutely cannot believe it.

That’s my luck used up for the rest of the year lol

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Got the bumper cleaned up and installed today! Used some heavy Griot’s Garage polish, followed by their one step sealant. It’s far from perfect, but it’s so much better than the old one. I’m amazed how nice and clean the car looks now, took years off it haha.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Lower it.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
^agree

H&R!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
That is next on the to do list! Should be happening pretty soon.
H&R is what I’m leaning towards.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Got one more little cosmetic detail sorted out today. Replaced the tow hook cover that I painted (very poorly) years ago, with a nice minty one.

Gave it a nice wash this evening... DANG it looks good. Can’t wait to drop it an inch.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
I love that I’m to the point of sorting out the fun little details!

Today I got new center caps and new metal BBS valve stem covers.
Probably will return the center caps though, the blue is way too bright to be OEM...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Had a weird one today! The car wouldn’t start after a couple of tries, finally did on the third, with a big cloud of black smoke, followed by some white smoke...
I was afraid of a head gasket, but I boroscoped the cylinders and everything was dry in there.

Someone on Facebook suggested the coolant temperature sensor (original to the car), and what do you know?? I changed it out and the car seems fine.

The plug had competed disintegrated, I’ve never seen anything like that.

So we’ll see, I think that did the trick.

For a while now, I’ve noticed the car runs a bit rich, and is about 3-4 mpg down from normal on highway trips.. wonder if that’s all related?

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
Ect plays a part in setting fueling so yea for sure

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Friend of mine flew an empty plane into my local airport, so I went out and picked him up! Got this great shot.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts