SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this just happened. Working late at the office. Before sunset moved my car close to my office door, left it unlocked with the keys in the cup holder. FYI, my office is on the grounds of a large private property and totally safe to do this.

Hours later, wanted to warm up my car but it was unlocked so I locked it with VOC. Then tried to remote start it and got the alert that I couldn’t because the keys were inside.

Went outside and good thing the VOC servers and AT&T were working because otherwise, how would I have unlocked my car!

Shouldn’t the app not let you lock the car with the keys inside, just like it won’t let you start it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Who would want to leave their car unlocked with the keys in it?

Especially if you are "far" away and won't be able to get to your car for a while.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I do that to valets overnight lol
They always leave the keys in the car and leave it unlocked in the garage. I just lock it when I bring it in, and unlock it when I hand my ticket in to pick it up.
I find it useful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wish the app can let us roll up the windows.
My garage always leave the driver window opened.
Hate the dust building up on the dash.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I wish the app can let us roll up the windows.
My garage always leave the driver window opened.
Hate the dust building up on the dash.

Yeah, that's annoying AF. However, I can see why they don't let you do that for safety reasons.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Yeah, that's annoying AF. However, I can see why they don't let you do that for safety reasons.

Maybe add some obstacle detection sensor and roll up protection? If blocked by anything, just don't roll up.

Or take a picture of the surrounding and send to phone to let user confirm it is safe to roll up the window. Sounds an excellent idea. Could also add a dome camera inside to take better pictures, with night vision of course.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Maybe add some obstacle detection sensor and roll up protection? If blocked by anything, just don't roll up.
I'm pretty sure it has that protection. I still think it's to avoid stupid lawsuits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts