SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I own 2001 year S60 and want to upgrade radio to HU-803 (at the moment there is HU-603 in the car). Started to install radio and amplifier with harness for it and appeared some questions:

1) I have heard that power plug for amplifier should lie somewhere under the carpet but where exactly? Looked for it with no success. Please see my photos...
http://fotoalbum.ee/photos/webern/sets/1483069

Perhaps someone who has installed the amplifier, can point out, from where exactly I shoud look for that plug?

2) I understand that DIN plug from amplifier is going to the radio, but where should the big grey plug supposed to connect?

a) Should it be connected to the plug that is left from HU-603 after uninstalling it (HU-603 has grey plug outlet, HU-803 has not)?
b) I have heard also something about that there should be another grey plug somewhere in the dash packed into white foam, but I have not found it.

So which version is correct? a or b?

3) Are there any fuse for amplifier in the fusebox, that should be added after installing amplifier?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
116 Posts
You might be out of luck on a 2001 model. The only wiring I have seen under the seat was the lead for a power passenger seat. The power wire for the amp actually comes from behind the 803 radio and runs along the inside of the console on the passenger side. I've retro fitted an 803 and amp into a 2004 XC70 and we had to grab all the wiring from the donor car. It was a pretty easy upgrade.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Iirc, you need two cables. In my 04 one of the cables (power) was already down under the seat tucked under the carpet (smaller/grey). I had to go back to wreckyard to get the larger cable that runs from under the seat back to the HU.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
116 Posts
Unsure about a 2001, but the power cable is existing, you'll need the wiring harness from the HU to the amp. Luckly they are not that hard to find in the JY.
That power cable taped to the floor is for the power passenger seat. The basic optioned cars didn't have a powered passenger seat but the lead is there. I've done a retrofit before using that plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts