SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting ready to mount the foot rest, that holds the foot dimmer switch, to the floor. Can anyone tell me the exact location of this panel? How far from the left wall and how far down from the pedals, etc. I don't have the carpet yet and I want to make sure it fits ok, when I install it. It is a 1968 1800s.

·
Registered
72 Posts
On my 67, the top left edge of the box is right against the upholstery panel. The top of the box is about even with the top of the clutch pedal.
It might be better for you to get the carpet first, to be sure you get it mounted in the right place.
It always seemed to me that those things were too big, and got in my way when I went to step on the clutch. On my 65, I cut it apart and narrowed it about 3/4 inch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'll try to give you some measurements. Unfortunately my permissions on Swedespeed don't seem to allow me to attach photos. I took them with an English tape measure (inches) from an early parts car with neither carpets nor interior panels, so the measurements are metal to metal.

Bottom/left corner of foot rest to left interior side panel: 1 1/4"
Bottom/right corner of foot rest to left interior side panel: 7 1/2" (meaning the foot rest is 6 1/4" wide at the bottom)
Very top of foot rest (above dimmer switch) up to bend in fire wall: 6 1/8"
Top/left corner of foot rest (above dimmer switch) to left interior side panel: 1 1/2"
Top/right corner of foot rest (above dimmer switch) to left interior side panel: 5 1/2" (meaning the foot rest is 4" wide at the top, above the dimmer switch)
Bottom right corner of foot rest forward to upward bend between floor to fire wall: 1 1/2"

These dimensions are probably accurate within an eighth of an inch, which may be close to the factory's tolerances. Please ask questions if my meaning isn't clear.

-Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts