SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Later this summer I am thinking about trading in my 04S60R for an 07 model (only if engine output is increased) Should the engine still be rated at 300hp for 07 models I probably will trade for a 2006 model.
Is there any way of searching online dealer inventories?
I would be looking for the following:
-magic blue
-atacama preferably
- 17 or 18 wheels ok
- MT or GT is okay
-No sport kit
- not intertested in nav
I would like to see if this could be located 400mi radius of Buffalo, NY

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
Re: locating a S60R? (echo4747)

I doubt there is going to be any increase in power for the last year of the model. That would entail the costly process of re-certifying the car for a low volume seller and complying with the new hp measurement regs.

Volvo's website has an inventory search function but I would just work with a dealer to find you one.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts

I hear the '07 will be a hatchback making 197hp.

-Eric

P.S. How can you locate a car that hasn't even been manufacturered yet?! Hell, I believe today is the last day they're taking orders on '06 models.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: locating a S60R? (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »

P.S. How can you locate a car that hasn't even been manufacturered yet?! Hell, I believe today is the last day they're taking orders on '06 models.

I am just trying to locate existing 2006 models.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

The '07 isn't even in production yet, so there is no inventory. The '06s are done as far as orders go.

There wasn't much in inventory for '06 as of a few weeks ago, but I got lucky and found a direct hit on my preference. I'd have to think there is even less now.

Checking inventory is not going to be productive if you're not a dealer.

BUT, Yannis advised me a couple weeks ago that there was a Magic Blue/Atacama '06 MT, no sport kit, but including NAV, "at the port". That may still be the case. If you can't or don't want to wait, I'd jump on that one NOW.

Yannis is on vacation until next week. Lee is also here. I'm sure either could track down what you want, the above one, or order one for you for '07.

Don't expect any more HP in '07. But it should be an solid improvement from the '04 in reliability and operating refinement. That ususally happens by the end of the model run. The '06 is indeed a smoother performer than my '05 was.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: locating a S60R? (sgmlaw)

Quote, originally posted by sgmlaw »
The '07 isn't even in production yet, so there is no inventory. The '06s are done as far as orders go.

There wasn't much in inventory for '06 as of a few weeks ago, but I got lucky and found a direct hit on my preference. I'd have to think there is even less now.

Checking inventory is not going to be productive if you're not a dealer.

BUT, Yannis advised me a couple weeks ago that there was a Magic Blue/Atacama '06 MT, no sport kit, but including NAV, "at the port". That may still be the case. If you can't or don't want to wait, I'd jump on that one NOW.

Yannis is on vacation until next week. Lee is also here. I'm sure either could track down what you want, the above one, or order one for you for '07.

Don't expect any more HP in '07. But it should be an solid improvement from the '04 in reliability and operating refinement. That ususally happens by the end of the model run. The '06 is indeed a smoother performer than my '05 was.
Thanks for the info, I also doubt we will see any more hp in 07 . I am going to wait for official word though. I hope we know more about the 07 R by this July. If the 07 is pretty much the same as an 06. I will try and swing a deal for an existing 06. The past few years ( usually in Jul-Aug)Volvo has been offering the free premium pkg; about 3000-4000 dealer cash to clear out the prior year models. I also qualify for the z-plan pricing ... add it all up and I think it is a pretty fair deal. I know my choices for color/combos will be very limited at this time,however, I may get lucky.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just interested....what is the significant difference between the 04 and 06 model that you are looking to obtain? Assuming its the same car you have now, is it just to get lower mileage?

I was under the impression that besides some very minor exterior changes, the mechanics of the 04/05/06 are the same.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Tekk)

Quote, originally posted by Tekk »
Just interested....what is the significant difference between the 04 and 06 model that you are looking to obtain? Assuming its the same car you have now, is it just to get lower mileage?

I was under the impression that besides some very minor exterior changes, the mechanics of the 04/05/06 are the same.

minor exterior changes, 6-speed(supposed no torque limiting in gears 1&2)vs torque limited 5 speed in 04. integrated sat radio, additional exterior colors.
I'm sure theres a little more, but what I mention above is all I care about

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by echo4747 »
I also qualify for the z-plan pricing ... add it all up and I think it is a pretty fair deal.

In today's auto market.....almost anyone can get the 2% over invoice that z plan offers. You just get it with less haggling.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: locating a S60R? (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »

In today's auto market.....almost anyone can get the 2% over invoice that z plan offers. You just get it with less haggling.

I might be wrong .. but you may be thinking of x-plan pricing. I think for Volvo A&Z plan pricing is at invoice x-plan 2-3% over invoice. I know A&Z plan pricing for most Ford,Lincoln,& Merc is below dealer invoice

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by echo4747 »

I might be wrong .. but you may be thinking of x-plan pricing. I think for Volvo A&Z plan pricing is at invoice x-plan 2-3% over invoice. I know A&Z plan pricing for most Ford,Lincoln,& Merc is below dealer invoice

Me bad. Z plan is the retiree benefit...I think. On Volvo, that's invoice less any incentives since there's minimal/no holdback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.