Contents : C70 2003 MODEL YEAR CHANGES1) INTRODUCTION2) C70 2003MY HEADLINES3) SPECIFICATION CHANGES4) PRICING CHANGES5) ENGINE CHANGES6) COLOUR CHANGES7) BROCHURE & PRICE LIST REVISIONS8) CIS AND ORDERING INFORMATION9) DOWNLOADS
· This Product News contains details of 2003MY product enhancements for C70 convertible. These changes are designed to;
- freshen the exterior looks of the vehicle
- enhance the showroom appeal by adding equipment to the standard car
- encourage greater sales mix of GT derivatives and more powerful engines
- simplify the consumer offer with reduced number of derivatives
· Please ensure this Product News is distributed to all sales staff and sales administrators in order that they are in a position to talk confidently to customers about the 2003MY changes.
2. C70 2003MY HEADLINES
· Updated exterior styling with revised front and rear lights and new dark 'egg-crate' grille.
· Enhanced standard specification with NO price increase for the 2.0T derivative and price REDUCTIONS for 2.4T GT and T5 GT models.
· Range rationalised from 6 to 4 derivatives to improve clarity of offer;
- C70 line-up consists of 2.0T, 2.0T GT, 2.4T GT and T5 GT
- slow-selling 2.4T and T5 deleted from range and 2.4T GT and T5 GT models reduced in price
3. SPECIFICATION CHANGES
· 2.0T adds the following equipment as standard;
- wind deflector
- aluminium trim ilo Red Wood inlays
- new 16" Ceres alloy wheels
· GT specification includes the following additional equipment;
- auto-dimming rear view mirror (new for 2003MY)
- Cratos 17" alloy wheel (new for 2003MY)
- information centre
- heated front seats
- leather sports steering wheel (dark grey)
- front cupholders
- SC901 3 x CD radio-cassette, 4 x 100W amplifier, Dolby Pro-Logic Surround SoundTM and 9" subwoofers
4. PRICING CHANGES
· 2.0T price remains unchanged, despite equipment and specification improvements.
· 2.0T GT increases by only £100 yet vs. 2002MY specification gains 17" alloy wheels and auto-dimming rear-view mirror as standard.
· 2.4T GT is positioned £1,700 more than the 2.0T GT recognising increased engine performance - yet this is still £1,335 less than MY02 prices and only £265 above the outgoing 2.4T which had significantly less equipment.
· T5 GT is positioned a further £1,700 over the 2.4T GT but is £1,185 less than MY02 prices and only £65 more than the outgoing T5 enabling a visually attractive OTR price of less than £30,000.
5. ENGINE CHANGES
· The 2003MY 2.4T and T5 engines benefit from increased power and torque;
- 2.4T now has 200 bhp and 285Nm torque (was 193bhp and 270Nm)
- T5 now has 245 bhp and 330Nm torque (was 240bhp and 330Nm)
· Fuel consumption figures for the 2003MY 2.4T and T5 engines change due to revised calibration (2.0T is unchanged);
DELETED AT 2003MY ADDED AT 2003MY
Classic Red 601 (solid) Passion Red 612 (solid)
Dark Grey 427 (pearl) Titanium Grey 455 (pearl)
Saffron 435 (pearl) Maya Yellow 451 (metallic)
Venetian Red 445 (pearl) Ruby Red 454 (pearl)
7. BROCHURE AND PRICE LIST REVISIONS
· From 2003MY, the C70 price list will reflect the new-look style first introduced on S40 and V40.
8. CIS AND ORDERING INFORMATION
· CIS opens on Thursday 11th July for 2003MY orders. Production commences Monday 26th August.
· Passenger airbag is now part of the STANDARD specification. A DELETE option is available for those customers who do not require this feature.
· A condition of demonstrator support payments within the Demonstrator Programme is that MY03 models be registered in September. In order to secure the earliest possible production slots to support this, we have pre-ordered your demonstrator vehicles. The number ordered is dependent on dealer size and has been agreed with your field team. Orders are marked 'DEM Sold' within CIS against dealer number. Please check the last date for order change (which should be mid-August) and modify to your final requirement ASAP.
· Please use these links to download supporting C70 2003MY information;
- C70 price list and specifications
- images of 2003MY features including Ceres and Crator alloy wheels and revised front and rear lights (apologies for poor quality)
VEHICLE INFORMATION CONTACT DETAILS
1. By phone via your regional Car Supply Advisor for immediate query resolution relating to vehicle ordering or 'customer in showroom' enquiry.
Pam Maclean Katy Slater Jane Kelly
Car Supply Advisor Car Supply Advisor Car Supply Advisor
Tel. 01628-422434 Tel. 01628-422418 Tel. 01628-422418
2. By e-mail (or answerphone) to Product Managers for strategic information or request for additional product data.
1. Technical queries should be addressed to your parts department where established processes exist to contact VCUK Parts Technical Support.
2. By e-mail to Jonathan Bell regarding Accessory Communication, Strategy and Pricing issues. 125