SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this issue with the load liner in the back of their XC60?

It seems to slide towards the back of the car all the time. Now it will no longer will sit flat.

Does anyone have the Weather Tech one? Does it work better? This Volvo one is somewhat disappointing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Velcro works. Only need the one side as it will adhere to the carpet surface.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I cut two slits in the OEM cargo mat for the cargo tie down rings. Gives you access to the rearward tie down rings and prevents the mat from sliding.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I had to check. Mine does it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does anyone else have this issue with the load liner in the back of their XC60?
Yeah, I'll push it back every once and a while, but it seems to slowly creep all the time. Thankfully it hadn't caused any problems, but I'll have to do what drmanny3 says lest it get permanently warped.

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you look under the liner, there are marks for you to cut that fit over the hooks.
Just don't cut it along those lines because you will end with holes that are too large to retain the liner.
Just use those marks to spot where to cut

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine does though not too bad depending on what I'm unloading which is the only time it moves (not due to driving). The velcro is a good idea and probably only need a single piece on the underside to keep it in place. I may help to also lift the cover/blind so you can lift up and out, rather than sliding out.

Side rant - Weather Tech may make some nice products but they are overpriced IMO - probably because if you pick up any car magazine (plus some non-car mags) they always have 3-6 pages worth of ads which I find incredibly annoying...one page will do, or even a 2 page spread. They have a number of TV ads going as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are 2 types, one for T8, and one for all the others, i have a straight one in my T8 and don't have this problem

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
There are 2 types, one for T8, and one for all the others, i have a straight one in my T8 and don't have this problem
Is there a part number on yours for the T8? I have a feeling the dealership gave me one out of a T6.

·
Registered
997 Posts
pic of the t8 one? I have a t8 and still have this issue.

·
Registered
724 Posts
This is one of those innocuous threads that I read and it actually helps instantly. My load liner has always slide forward! So, I put in the velcro straps as advised above, and problem solved.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Charcoal Solid
Part. nr.
31470211 RA01, RC00, RA00, R300, R100, RC30, RA30, RC20, RA20, RA41, RC40, RA40, UA01, UC00, UA00, U310, RG0R, RD00, RGAR, UE00 , Excl. Twin Engine
31470728 RA01, RC00, RA00, R300, R100, RC30, RA30, RC20, RA20, RA41, RC40, RA40, UA01, UC00, UA00, U310, RG0R, RD00, RGAR, UE00 , Twin Engine

Blond
Part. nr.
31470212 -19, WA00, WC00, Excl. Twin Engine
31470729 -19, WA00, WC00, Twin Engine

Picture of the T8 type

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thanks. Yeah that is what I have. I'll try the velcro.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Seriously though, its ridiculous that they failed to cut holes for the cargo hooks in that mat. Lift it up, and you can see the lines for the cut - they just never spent the extra money to actually do it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Seriously though, its ridiculous that they failed to cut holes for the cargo hooks in that mat. Lift it up, and you can see the lines for the cut - they just never spent the extra money to actually do it.
In the time it took you to write this, you could've cut the slits yourself with a dremel. Just sayin'. :beer:

·
Registered
724 Posts
In the time it took you to write this, you could've cut the slits yourself with a dremel. Just sayin'. :beer:
Completely agree. Spending $50,000+ on a lux SUV and then expecting the accessories to fit without taking a dremel to them is unreasonable. :p

missing slots on load liner are hardly the end of the world and I still love my Volvo. But, it is curious! My car also came with all season mats which are a perfect fit and work quite well. So, it's not as if the Volvo OEM accessories are not high quality.

Just sayin! :D

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Completely agree. Spending $50,000+ on a lux SUV and then expecting the accessories to fit without taking a dremel to them is unreasonable. :p
Drop the entitled attitude and you'll realize Volvo is giving us the option to make holes for the tie down rings. Some folks never use the tie downs and would prefer a mat sans holes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Has nothing to do with money. Its to give users the option to have no holes for more of a waterproof liner.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts