SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice set of load bars for my S70 (like this: http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/pts/2922003866.html).

I purchased a one-key lock cylinder system (like this: http://www.bargainvolvoparts.com/pa...fo&PartID=960606&siteid=216341&catalogid=5533).

It appears that the lock cylinders are too small for the holes in the grey plastic pivoting shrouds that cover the latches on these load bars.

Is there any locking system that works for these load bars? I realize that once the doors are closed and locked, you can't get these bars off because of how they attach. My issue that came up is that the 'blanks' that occupy the hole where locks can (or can't?) be placed do not clip very well into the holes on the metal latches (doesn't click into place). I thought a set of locks would change that.

So, can anyone point me in the right direction here? SOL? Does anyone want to buy these locks, lol?

·
Registered
808 Posts
The part #'s for these load bars are different for the wagon and sedan. If you're putting them on a sedan and they were for a wagon, you would have issues with the alignment of the covers locking into the metal slot. They will be functional, but they are slightly different. I sometimes use a V70 set on my S70, that's how I know. This may or may not be your issue though.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didn't think that would actually have any impact. the bars im using now i purchased to replace the old bars, which were beat up. and i swapped the thin rubber feet so that there were no fitment issues. but in terns of the plastic aligning, might need to do some more test fitting to see!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
The part #'s for these load bars are different for the wagon and sedan. If you're putting them on a sedan and they were for a wagon, you would have issues with the alignment of the covers locking into the metal slot. They will be functional, but they are slightly different. I sometimes use a V70 set on my S70, that's how I know. This may or may not be your issue though.
Damn, I wish you were closer...I would totally trade you sedan bars for wagon bars, LOL.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Damn, I wish you were closer...I would totally trade you sedan bars for wagon bars, LOL.
Not sure if the difference is just in the pads or not. I really don't use the bars that much anymore, as my daughter drives the S70 now and I don't currently have use for S70 bars. I recently picked up a V70R but it has the Euro rails. I'll probably just hang onto them for now.

Hey, you're not ALL that far from the Philly area!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts