SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2019 momentum, with the raised roof rails, I know the low profile load bars (31408915) are designed for the momentum, however will the load bars for the Inscription/R (31661060) low profile rails fit my raised rails??

My concern is my thule force XT (XL) roof box not fitting and the sun roof not being able to open with the low profile rails attached.

I did search the forum on this and it was not clear.

Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Just picked up a 2019 momentum, with the raised roof rails, I know the low profile load bars (31408915) are designed for the momentum, however will the load bars for the Inscription/R (31661060) low profile rails fit my raised rails??

My concern is my thule force XT (XL) roof box not fitting and the sun roof not being able to open with the low profile rails attached.

I did search the forum on this and it was not clear.

Thanks!
The low profile bars are meant for the railed rails already being higher than the flush rails. The don’t impede with accessories or glass roof opening/closing. Low profile bars have been a thing for years on raised rails. There’s a reason the raised feet are needed for flush rails, to give them bars the clearance the rails don’t provide. I suppose you could always go with the higher cross bars for Inscription/R-Design flush rails, they’d just increase the clearance.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I couldn't find the model number you posted but I have the bars from the link below on my momentum and I'm able to open the sunroof. I went with these because the parts guy at the Volvo dealer told me even though the low profile bars look nicer, they're a pain to put on and take off and i just wanted something easier to use.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-ph/XC90(16-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-515612/2018
I bought the load bars when I purchased my XC90 M+, the dealer gave me this one. Didn't know there are low profile ones. But it's very easy to put them up and take them off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts