SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased and installed the Thule load bars on their MY2019 V-60?
I am not able to see any information that clear shows if the Thule made Volvo supplied load bars attach to the threaded mounting studs on the inside top of each door sill or if they mount on the plastic roof strips.
I prefer the clean mount of the roof strips. Is anyone using the factory Volvo load bars for this model and year yet?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the Volvo OEM load bars (Thule Spec) on my V60. I was going to use my old AeroBlade Edges, but they would have hanged over the ends too much.

They mount anywhere on the raised roof rails. I can take pictures of the installation manual later if you'd like.

The Volvo bars integrate nicely and although the end caps are a bit thick, it at least makes them flush and adds another layer of security protecting your racks.

View attachment 51155

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great News...Yes....I would like to see the install instructions. Is it an aero style bar? How would you compare the noise (without a load) to the AeroBlade from Thule aftermarket? Close up pictures of the load carrier on your great looking V60 would be fantastic. White is my first choice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I took some more pictures of the bars and how they attach. I couldn't find the manual at the moment, but I'll post it if I do.

From what I can see, there's no holes or anything on my car. They clamp onto the raised rails, and you can adjust them forwards and back as you wish. The S60 might have holes since there's no raised rails on them, if that's what you're thinking of.

I had the Evo rails (predecessor to the WingBar Evos) on a Honda, and there was noise unless you had the sunroof cover shut. It's a lot better in the V60, even with a massive glass roof. Certainly some noise if you listen hard enough, but it strangely sounded to be coming through the side windows. Either way, the style of rails and the build quality of the car make a noticeable difference.

I went with the OEM rails 100% because of their price (although I got my dealer to throw them in). Even though I already owned Thule bars I would've had to spend $200+ on feet and an attachment kit. Not to mention they wouldn't have been integrated, though I can't talk to the AeroBlade Edges since I've never used them. They appear to look even better than the OEM option, but for the price, it's not worth it to me.

View attachment 51163
View attachment 51165
View attachment 51167
View attachment 51169

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information Adaone. Wish the pictures had come through...For some reason the format is not valid. But the info is great and helpful.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok..Great.. Now I understand completely. Not a lot of room between the mounts..I carry two recumbent long wheel base bikes up there during summer. Would you mind measuring the distance between towers when you get a chance? Sounds crazy I know..But buying this car alway's included roof topping our Linear Limo recumbent bikes.
https://linearrecumbent.com/bikes/

·
Registered
109 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts