SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I had a short in my headlight switch, tried to fix it, ended up breaking it. Well, anyways, I have a new switch now. My question is, in the back of the switch there is a little side switch labeled A B C. What is it for? TIA.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: little switch in headlight switch (mike_c70)

I suspect it's the control to enable/disable the daytime running lights.

Isn't there a section in the manual describing the settings?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: little switch in headlight switch (SG)

Thought the daylight running lights were switched on & off by the little black screw in the front...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: little switch in headlight switch (topless_tart)

You're quite right, but I was guessing that the screw connects through to the switch in question.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: little switch in headlight switch (SG)

Nope, the little screw in the front activates/de-activates the DRL. This slide switch is in the back of the headlight switch. I guess I have to play with it and figure it out.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Just to update... I found out that the little slide switch in the back is nothing but an indicator for the DRL knob in the front.

·
Registered
286 Posts

what was the result of the initial short? Just seeing if you had the same problem as I did. When I flipped it to night driving lights, I got no automatic tails, only got light with brakes depressed, and there was no light for my instrument panel. If I put pressure on the knob, I got it all back but my fingers killed me for a couple days, haha.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: little switch in headlight switch (biggerhurt38)

quote:

what was the result of the initial short? Just seeing if you had the same problem as I did. When I flipped it to night driving lights, I got no automatic tails, only got light with brakes depressed, and there was no light for my instrument panel. If I put pressure on the knob, I got it all back but my fingers killed me for a couple days, haha.
That is EXACTLY what I had. What I found out was (after breaking the switch of course) was that the contact within the switch was overbent, meaning there wasn't any contact made. Likewise, I had to put pressure on the knob in order for it to make contact. Not a fun thing to do when you have to drive 35-40 miles at night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts