SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the app on both my iPhone and iPad and it generally works fine that way, but sometimes....

I got my notice to apply for my electricity refund this morning and went to do it on the iPad as it's a lot easier to type with the accessory keyboard. Going fine until I needed to select the state I live in, but it won't let you type that in, you need to pick it from a list. The list wouldn't show up. Tried many times but no luck so I ended up doing on the phone and that worked fine. Went to close the form on the iPad and there was another dialog hidden by the form that had the list of states. Closed that and there was another behind it, and again and again.

Also noticed that the image of the car with the plug is different between the two. On the iPad it shows correctly:

On the phone, well:

I might wish that the plug was there but it's not.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
698 Posts
an install and reinstall should fix the image issue.

·
Registered
2005 V70, 2016 V60
200 Posts
The new app lost all my login credentials and then lost track of what car to connect to. It somehow fixed itself while the car was in for 50K service. The dealer didn't mention anything about it, so I have no idea if they fixed it or it was random chance.
A digression - ever since Verizon went all-out to roll out 5G, my 4G phone has one bar in many places where it used to have five and now defaults back to 3G in places it used to have 4G/LTE full speed data :(
Not sure what this means for the car...................

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The new app lost all my login credentials and then lost track of what car to connect to. It somehow fixed itself while the car was in for 50K service. The dealer didn't mention anything about it, so I have no idea if they fixed it or it was random chance.
A digression - ever since Verizon went all-out to roll out 5G, my 4G phone has one bar in many places where it used to have five and now defaults back to 3G in places it used to have 4G/LTE full speed data :(
Not sure what this means for the car...................
My phone is doing the same thing.

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
an install and reinstall should fix the image issue.
Unfortunately that didn't work. It still shows the plug in the right rear of the car instead of the left front. Seems odd - is that where it is for the XC40 Recharge? That's where the fuel filler is for the XC60.

Of course this isn't a big deal, just a little strange.

·
698 Posts
Unfortunately that didn't work. It still shows the plug in the right rear of the car instead of the left front. Seems odd - is that where it is for the XC40 Recharge? That's where the fuel filler is for the XC60.

Of course this isn't a big deal, just a little strange.
What version of the app? Did you do a full un-install and re-install? We have seen this once or twice but the refresh fixed the issue.

·
Registered
2021 V60 T8 Polestar
35 Posts
What version of the app? Did you do a full un-install and re-install? We have seen this once or twice but the refresh fixed the issue.
android Volvo Cars 5.2.3 had it on the wrong side again this morning when I deleted storage to see if timers were available yet. What I figured out is that if the car was plugged in when I reinstalled/flashed storage, it defaults to the wrong side... but if the car is not plugged in when you flash the app, then plug in the car, then open the app (the order matters) it puts the charge port in the right spot.

·
698 Posts
android Volvo Cars 5.2.3 had it on the wrong side again this morning when I deleted storage to see if timers were available yet. What I figured out is that if the car was plugged in when I reinstalled/flashed storage, it defaults to the wrong side... but if the car is not plugged in when you flash the app, then plug in the car, then open the app (the order matters) it puts the charge port in the right spot.
I believe you — but that makes no sense. The app images are centrally downloaded, based on the VIN - so there shouldn’t have any issue with plugged vs. unplugged. We can try and reproduce this… but are you saying that YOU can reproduce this?

·
Registered
2021 V60 T8 Polestar
35 Posts
I believe you — but that makes no sense. The app images are centrally downloaded, based on the VIN - so there shouldn’t have any issue with plugged vs. unplugged. We can try and reproduce this… but are you saying that YOU can reproduce this?
This AM, yes 2x. But just did it again to grab photos while screen capturing and it loaded the car up accurately. 🙄😑. No. Will keep screwing with it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like 5.2.2. I deleted the app and reinstalled it from the App Store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This AM, yes 2x. But just did it again to grab photos while screen capturing and it loaded the car up accurately. . No. Will keep screwing with it.
I did the same and just tried the app again. The image updated. It briefly showed the original image (with the more darkly tinted sunroof) then replaced it with the correct image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Version 5.2.3 is wonkly. Lost credentials and can't get beyond the app's attempt to get a get a state location before the "server disconnect" msg. Emailed Volvo developer as got a message back that said thank you for letting us know we're passing it off to the software people. In other words, no help. Now I have no access to VOC via my Android devices.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Version 5.2.3 is wonkly. Lost credentials and can't get beyond the app's attempt to get a get a state location before the "server disconnect" msg. Emailed Volvo developer as got a message back that said thank you for letting us know we're passing it off to the software people. In other words, no help. Now I have no access to VOC via my Android devices.
My Android 5.2.1 was functioning okay with reduced functionality. I deleted the VOC App and reinstalled - presumably with the latest Android maybe 5.2.3 (?). Now, the app required me to re-enter all credentials including VIN. It is requiring me to enter a new PIN (via text or email) or contact my Volvo retailer for a subscription which I already have through February 1, 2022. There is no text or email in my inbox or junk. Like, @808dakine, I no longer have a functioning VOC on my Android.

Fortunately, my iOS/iPhone VOC app works except for the image being wrong (colors, PHEV plug-in, Petrol / Fuel, No trip log).

I am hoping this is a server related issue that can be resolved quickly. Otherwise, the VOC app still has some critical non-working functionality, particularly on Android.

Update: I just got off the call with Volvo Customer Care. I was instructed to sign-out on the Android, and then sign in. On the middle of the screen, the region is defaulting to "Europe" which must be changed to your correct Region if not Europe.

[Edited]: I changed mine to North America and I am now getting into the App. I [now] have data being loaded (e.g., fuel, range) [but] the images are still incorrect. Unlock/Lock, et al seem to work now. [Some lingering] issues with North America region at a minimum.

Hopefully, you can get it to work sufficiently while the bugs get worked.

·
Registered
2016 S60 Inscription
117 Posts
I had the same problem with the reinstall on my Android phone. I got a new PIN from Volvo which didn't help and then saw that the region was defaulting to Europe. The images stiill show what appears to be a new black XC60 on the home screen and my 2016 S60 on the car screen.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I had the same problem with the reinstall on my Android phone. I got a new PIN from Volvo which didn't help and then saw that the region was defaulting to Europe. The images stiill show what appears to be a new black XC60 on the home screen and my 2016 S60 on the car screen.
For the Android, you may get a refresh on your exterior color by going to Settings -> See all apps -> Volvo Cars -> Storage & cache -> Clear cache.

Then close the Volvo app and re-open. Hopefully, the exterior color will be accurate for you. If your interior is black, you should be good. If Blonde or some other color, it will show black. (Just a minor detail.)

If you have a T8 at least in the US, you will not see the charging cable icon on the left front, but rather you see the petrol / fuel hose icon on the right rear but simulating EV charge - not the fuel.

Sounds like there is some cleanup and fine-tuning on the new app that is known and being resolved. Good news is that both iOS and Android versions are functional except for trip log and performance log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
698 Posts
If you have a T8 at least in the US, you will not see the charging cable icon on the left front, but rather you see the petrol / fuel hose icon on the right rear but simulating EV charge - not the fuel.
This should not be the case. Actually, if you see the charging plug in the wrong spot, it's a "default" view implying that it failed to download the proper imagery. I would just un-install and re-install to see if it updates. A '16 XC90 definitely should be valid....

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
This should not be the case. Actually, if you see the charging plug in the wrong spot, it's a "default" view implying that it failed to download the proper imagery. I would just un-install and re-install to see if it updates. A '16 XC90 definitely should be valid....
Thanks, WhoaVolvo. I just sent a PM.

Reactions: OlRedHair

·
Registered
5 Posts
Development teams can also provide a dedicated software development team based within the enterprise where most or all of the work is carried out internally mlsdev.com/services/web-development . Such teams may have the option to choose to contract out their services to a third party who will act as the integrator for the software development activities. Alternatively, smaller teams within the organization can also operate in this manner. Some companies prefer to maintain a separate development group within their own internal team. This helps to reduce internal work as well as meeting the legal obligations that companies may have to their employees related to company business.

·
Registered
316 Posts
For the Android, you may get a refresh on your exterior color by going to Settings -> See all apps -> Volvo Cars -> Storage & cache -> Clear cache....
Sounds like there is some cleanup and fine-tuning on the new app that is known and being resolved. Good news is that both iOS and Android versions are functional except for trip log and performance log.

FWIW, looks like the trip and performance logs are working on both my IOS and Android devices.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts