SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After one week of ownership of my xc90 inscription witH vision, convinience, air suspension 21" wheels, running boards. Weather protection package and B&W system. Metalic white with Amber interior here are some of the glitches...(side note, I drove this past weekend to the Florida Keys and I absolutely love this car. Best car I have ever owned)

- seat adjustment screen randomly shown on screen
- parking sensors randomly show on center screen when stop at traffic lights. This is very strange since I have the 360 cameras and this is the only time I get to see this screen I guess is meant to help you park when not equip with cameras
-2nd row gets stuck if both handles are used when accesing 3rd row. And is a mission to figure out how to get it unstock but finally did. You need to play with the slide position of the seat)
-brakes squik at low speeds (waiting g to see if this works itself out)

Love the pilot assist. Great for I-95 traffic
Love park assist
Love air suspension
Love lane keeping after getting used to it.
Absolutely love the sound system and if you burn some flac files in a CD you'll be amazed!!
Overall very satisfied and can't wait for the November update to fix this glitches.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the vehicle overall, despite some bugs. I've noticed a handful of glitches as well. For example, certain SiriusXM stations seem to appear and disappear randomly. Last night, the entire "Media" section on the center display went blank and wouldn't come back until I restarted the car. The Sensus system is great, but there are obviously a lot of bugs that still need to be worked out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the vehicle overall, despite some bugs. I've noticed a handful of glitches as well. For example, certain SiriusXM stations seem to appear and disappear randomly. Last night, the entire "Media" section on the center display went blank and wouldn't come back until I restarted the car. The Sensus system is great, but there are obviously a lot of bugs that still need to be worked out.

My wife and I thought we were going crazy. We swore we saw the Disney XM channel on Day 1 and then for the life of us couldn't find it... this makes me think im not crazy.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I experienced a new glitch yesterday. Bluetooth completely disappeared as an option on the instrument panel. Fortunately, it was still available on the main Sensus screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many glitches - suspension failure and possessed electronics

I recently purchased the XC90 Inscription in September. It has been in the shop over for about 4 weeks total now. I started receiving a "suspension failure. Stop safely" warning one week after I had the car. I brought the car in and the Volvo Dealer service did a number of software upgrades. I brought it home and a couple days later same warning. The dealer replaced the module when I went to pick it up, the warning came on again. The dealer replaced the module once more and still not repaired. They think now that the receiving pins for the module might be the problem for this issue.

The funky electronics like randomly displaying seat settings were determined to be a software update issue. The dealer has probably conducted about 12 hours or more of software upgrades that I know about. I'm not sure how effective these are since I don't have my car back.

I really like this car. I wish it would work as designed.

I had other quality issues that I wonder if the FE had assembly quality control challenges. I had a rear seat with a big gap in the upholstery fitting to the leather. The material in the door has bubbles and puckers.

Like others, I am a bit frustrated by lack of 120v plug-in in the center console when the advertisements and manuals call out that feature.

I'm counting on Volvo to make all this right. I have a significant car payment for no car in the two months I have "owned" it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts