SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my brake rotors are about 30,000 miles old. ive been reading people with alot more life on them then that. i have a little tiny lip going around mine. can i replace my pads or do i have to replace the rotors are well? they dont feel warped.i dont get any weird feeling while braking in the pedal. my pads are just shot.

thanks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Re: lip around rotors? (veeco3110)

I have that on my factory rotors with about the same miles ... been thinking that some day I'll have that lip turned off (on a disk lathe).

meanwhile they are sitting on the parts shelf with all the other bits and pieces I've taken off the car ....

it's amazing how many extra and un-necessary parts Volvo put on this car

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: lip around rotors? (petew)

your rotors are extra and unnecessary parts?

From what I've read on the forums, a small lip is okay and actually normal. As long as there are no grooves in the rotor surfaces themselves, you should be fine to replace just the pads.

I have this on the fronts, and will do just pads. The rears might actually be grooved on one side, so I many need to put new ones back there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thank you. every time i look at the brakes and i see that lip i get scared that maybe the brakes are too powerful, or im just braking too hard or something. idk. thank you guys

·
Registered
722 Posts
Re: (veeco3110)

Quote, originally posted by veeco3110 »
ok thank you. every time i look at the brakes and i see that lip i get scared that maybe the brakes are too powerful, or im just braking too hard or something. idk. thank you guys

Nah...it's just that the stock volvo brake pads are pretty agressive, so they wear the rotor...that's why the stock pads also last a long time...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.