SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't seem to find a definitive answer. I'm about a month from yanking the head to shim the block and installing my 11 blade billet wheel k24 and ported japanifold along with dw300 pump and will be advancing to the Hilton 2.5 tune up from the current 2 and wonder if I'll be at the limit of the stock MAF at 23psi. I've searched but figured I'd get a clearer answer if I just posted.

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
Already known limits I have written down.

2.5” ID : 825 kg/hr (850)
2.75” ID : 1100 kg/hr (ME7 2.5T/16T T5)
3.25” ID : 1600 kg/hr (Audi RS4)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I guess the only way to know for sure is to look at data after I've installed my next round of parts and had it tuned, and see what the flow is?

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
So I guess the only way to know for sure is to look at data after I've installed my next round of parts and had it tuned, and see what the flow is?
Uh no. Cause if you clip the maf that might be the end of your motor.

Just got info back after discussing it with my tuner and was informed of a hard ceiling about 1150 kg/hr for the 3” ID R/K24 T5 maf

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Make all your hardware changes prior to starting your tune or it will take unnecessary time and cost you more $$. You’re proposed setup will flow about 1100kg’s, so you should make that upgrade prior to stating the tuning process.

Changing hardware in the middle of a tune is frustrating for the tuner and introduces variables in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Couldn't seem to find a definitive answer. I'm about a month from yanking the head to shim the block and installing my 11 blade billet wheel k24 and ported japanifold along with dw300 pump and will be advancing to the Hilton 2.5 tune up from the current 2 and wonder if I'll be at the limit of the stock MAF at 23psi. I've searched but figured I'd get a clearer answer if I just posted.
Rob will more than likely recommend the Audi MAF as that is what I’m running (per his advice) 27-28psi k16. As Brick mentioned, outflowing the MAF will be bad news for your bottom end and your bottom line... also as mentioned, better to have things in place, then tune. Less malarkey for the tuner.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I watched data today after work and my airflow only peaks at 900 so I feel like I've got the room to grow with my next round of mods before I upgrade to the s4 maf. I may do that in addition to the water/meth as a final step before I search for an m66 to swap in.

Well after reading the posts I sucked it up and bought the snabb intake kit with s4 maf, intake pipe and airbox for 700 from viva. Be interesting to see how that sounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts