SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1995 T5R 850 Yellow Sedan. Limited edition and very rare. Less than 100 made for worldwide distribution. Turbo-charged - intercooled 2.3 liter - 240 HP engine… very fast. Meticulously maintained… looks brand new. First time on market. Excellent, near-mint condition inside and out with exceptionally maintained interior. Same car is on display at the Volvo Museum in Guttenberg, Sweden. Original owner, always garaged, low mileage, just about everything original. Specially tanned graphite leather / real burled walnut interior. New mounted snows on car now plus original 17” alloy wheels and low-profile Pirellis. Price negotiable. All inquiries welcome. Reply here or email: [email protected] for more info and lots of new pics inside and out. To check out the listing, with a few pics, on the VCOA site, go to: http://bit.ly/21ZOHI4

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Per forum rules price is required.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Yeah, let's get some more info here. First post, too...

·
Registered
200 Posts
He's still working on his price, I think he'll post something soon. He sent me pics, it's a cherry T-5R that's for sure. I made him an offer but I think a trade for my radio flyer didn't pass his sniff test...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your interest. Difficult to gauge price. There’s a T5R posted on eBay for $7999. Nice exterior but interior a little weak. Mine is outstanding inside and out.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
8k is steep honestly as it is. Realistically top you'll probably get for is 5-6k my guess. GLWS

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Where in NY and how many miles?

·
Registered
16,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
How about some pictures
Was it you that Volvo emailed you asking if you wanted to sell it to Vcna?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
One owner yellow with low miles and excellent condition is certainly worth a premium.

Good luck with the sale. I have had mine for 6 months now and really love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! Took me a while before deciding to part with the T5R and, a lot of interest in the car has been expressed. Last vintage I sold was an MGB-GT, very different from the T but fun to drive. Miss that car a lot!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Cherry indeed! If i had 8k to spare i'd totally add to my collection GLWS!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I disagree.

http://www.swedespeed.com/artman2/p...Spotless_23_000-mile_1995_Volvo_850_T-5R.html

And that was over 5 years ago. These cars, WHEN THEY ARE PERFECT, can definitely command prices approaching, if not over, $10k.
That car was far far away from being perfect! And I completely disagree with the article. When it was listed on ebay, I instantly offered $15K to have the owner hold the car until for me to see it in person which I did days later. It was not parked on blocks, none of the tires matched and drivers side quarter panel was repainted. Also, under carriage was freshly sprayed which freaked me out. We walked away from that car before even firing up the engine. The only reason miles were low was bec the owner got a company car and never drove this. It sat in his condo parking garage.

Once, I pointed out all of the issues, their response was -"Would you offer $8K for it"…. I literally had the transport truck on site an still walked away.

PS: I had one that had 32K on it when it went to a collector in Canada…..so I know what they look like when they are mint

Thanks! Took me a while before deciding to part with the T5R and, a lot of interest in the car has been expressed. Last vintage I sold was an MGB-GT, very different from the T but fun to drive. Miss that car a lot!

Back to this car…… Barry, does this car have ANY paint work? What is the condition of the original wheels since it is pretty much impossible to match the OEM paint? I am assuming it doesn't have any dings, dents,paint chips & etc based on you description. I am also assuming that all the service it up to date based on time on such items like timing belt.

It is a very good looking car and I still have a soft spot for them!

Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Replaced the belts within last year. Give me a call if you're really interested. It's a very good looking car that looks better with age... still turns lots of heads!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
If anyone is truly interested and has cash, contact me. I am a town over and will take a look at the car for someone serious if it is over the wknd.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Wow!.. if my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd be more than happy to take this from you! Best of luck with the sale!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is this car still available?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts