SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded my wagon to a HU 803 and no longer need this. Every function worked perfectly. It was removed from the car in 2004 after 500 miles and sat in storage until I reinstalled it in October. Face is perfect, buttons are perfect.

I know this is a perfect plug and play for a 2003, it will work with other years (01-03) however I cannot guarantee steering wheel control functionality outside of 2003s. It's the lighter plastic so it doesn't match 2004 dashes.

$50 plus shipping

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
You come across an HU-850 like that and I hope it never gets posted. Just a friendly PM.

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You come across an HU-850 like that and I hope it never gets posted. Just a friendly PM.
I just gave one away....oops

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Oh damn, this thing has a tape deck! I have one tape still remaining in my life and no way to play it.

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh damn, this thing has a tape deck! I have one tape still remaining in my life and no way to play it.
Yes it does. I have a killer boombox that plays tapes still, you'd just need 8 D cell battery's to run it

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is HU-850 better than HU-803? I thought HU-850 was only for S80's or something
It's the 05+ premium audio head unit.

It's usually up to personal preference but there is a local consensus that among musicians the 803 is a better factory HU. It's more customizable.

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
+1. This is also what I have heard.
I gotta stick with what came in the car for the VR in my head.
The s60, if we keep it long term, I will likely seek a different unit if there is one 05+.
It's the 05+ premium audio head unit.
It's usually up to personal preference but there is a local consensus that among musicians the 803 is a better factory HU. It's more customizable.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Oh sweet, I was bummed before about only being able to upgrade to the 803 in my 04!

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh sweet, I was bummed before about only being able to upgrade to the 803 in my 04!
I like it better. 03-04 is a sweet spot in p2 land.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was just up in CT., too bad I didn't see this sooner. My display went out on mine. I'll take it. Sending PM

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sold

1 - 12 of 12 Posts