SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the cluster lights awhile ago with LED lights and they started blinking in and out and just this morning I got in the car and I can only see the ODO...which doesnt quite help me when Iam driving.

Any fixes? I have taken them all back out already and re wiggled them and whatnot to no avail. THis is just kinda annoying..:mad:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and crickets......

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Wish I had a solid answer for you - but if you reseated everything .... ?
Look for a loose connection where the harness plugs connect or some wiring that may be worn/frayed - maybe you have a short or bad connection behind one of the wire harness plugs.
You may want to put your OEM bulbs back in place to see if you still have the issue - this would rule out the LEDs if it continues to go on and off.
Best of luck

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did try to put the stock bulbs back in but they would not work so I am quite confused now. I am going to get a new plug for the bulb to see if helps...its always something with these cars...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I did try to put the stock bulbs back in but they would not work so I am quite confused now. I am going to get a new plug for the bulb to see if helps...its always something with these cars...
It's always something with any car.... believe me it's not just Volvo.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well a couple weeks ago I replaced the trans....and then the other day replaced all the endlinks....now I need brakes and to do my 200,000 mile service...T-belt water pump etc....so atleast I can do the work myself. Saves some money.

THat being said I am the only one in my family that does not drive an Audi...Dad 2012 A6 3.0T Brother 2002 A6 2.8, Mom 2011-12 TT-RS......So my repiar bills are nothing haha

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright so I got all new little bplugs for the back of the dash and a whole new set of bulbs. I can only see the speedo, odo, and fuel guage....oh yeah and the little message screen...

Any thoughts...Theres one light that seems to be trying to light up but doesnt have full power and the new one in the fuel guage flicters quite a bit.

This has become sort of annoying...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts