SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's phenominally bad. Anyone tried any kind of aftermarket products to shine some more light in the back when the tailgate is lifted?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I looked at mine last night- I dont see an issue with it.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree with mobsync... the 3 lamps the comprise the rear cargo area lighting is meager. I had the pleasure of needing to access my spare tire, and jack, etc. under the cargo deck in the dark and the lighting was very dim as I was taking inventory of what I needed for my first Volvo tire change, in the rain. The solution could be just using brighter bulbs in the existing locations. What is the bulb type and rating?

Another alternative I am considering, since I have the rear 12-Volt power outlet, is a task light that I could plug in whenever needed, an example...WowLED - 27W LED Work Light, 12V https://amzn.to/2W1bGnK

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do you have your interior lighting set to high? Also, retracting the cover helps.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The interior lighting in general is disappointing compared to just about every other similar car to say the least.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have your interior lighting set to high? Also, retracting the cover helps.
Yes, my interior lighting stays at the highest setting and I don't even keep the rear cover in the car. I also keep the rear seats folded down which would allow a little more light from the front to shine towards the rear.

Let me say this though- I am fifty years old and am finding the older I get the more I desire brighter lighting.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I agree with mobsync... the 3 lamps the comprise the rear cargo area lighting is meager. I had the pleasure of needing to access my spare tire, and jack, etc. under the cargo deck in the dark and the lighting was very dim as I was taking inventory of what I needed for my first Volvo tire change, in the rain. The solution could be just using brighter bulbs in the existing locations. What is the bulb type and rating?

Another alternative I am considering, since I have the rear 12-Volt power outlet, is a task light that I could plug in whenever needed, an example...WowLED - 27W LED Work Light, 12V https://amzn.to/2W1bGnK
there needs to be a light or lights in that storage area as the light from above is blocked by you and the lid. perhaps brighter LEDs could be substituted? of course a flat will only occur after the sun is gone. that task light is a good idea, along with one of the reflective triangle as supplied with european vehicles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts