SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

There are lights under both side mirrors.

Can anyone tell me when those lights will be turned on?

I suppose they are turned on whenever a door is opened. Is my expectation correct?

:confused:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
If you hit the approach lights button on the fob, those lights (puddle lights) should come on. I suppose they would also illuminate a small curly dog, in which case they might be called poodle lights. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Puddle Lights

I like the puddle lights, but wish you did not have to press a button on the key fob. On my Lexus, they would light-up as I approached the car to help avoid any puddles, etc.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Puddle lights

Having owned a few different Volvo's since 2001 I've not only seen the change in the styling of Volvo's but also the changes in the key fobs. I noticed on the current set that the lighting button is no longer raised or of a different shape. So it is virtually impossible to find the right button, to turn the puddle lights on, IN THE DARK! So some type of approach system would be brillliant.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Having owned a few different Volvo's since 2001 I've not only seen the change in the styling of Volvo's but also the changes in the key fobs. I noticed on the current set that the lighting button is no longer raised or of a different shape. So it is virtually impossible to find the right button, to turn the puddle lights on, IN THE DARK! So some type of approach system would be brillliant.
Brilliant...I get it! Lighting...brilliant...you so funny!

I like not having the lights on auto pilot, primarily from a security standpoint. Seems backwards, but there 'might' be occasions that would make lighting up the vehicle automatically less desirable. I don't mind hitting the button, especially since I don't use the feature all that often. Sort of diminishes the 'value' of PCC, but the option of 'always ON when approaching' vs 'press the button for ON' would be a nice feature. Then, we could all have what we want!

The times I use 'approach lighting', I'm too far away for the car to pick me up, I believe. Again, I wouldn't necessarily want the lights on just because I walked into range. Wow, life sure has some tough decisions to make ;) .

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you hit the approach lights button on the fob, those lights (puddle lights) should come on. I suppose they would also illuminate a small curly dog, in which case they might be called poodle lights. :)
Thanks.
Oh. So it is called approach lights. I see. I will check it later tonight. It would be nice if it can be turned by default whenever I open the door.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Thanks.
Oh. So it is called approach lights. I see. I will check it later tonight. It would be nice if it can be turned by default whenever I open the door.
If it turned on when you opened the door, you would of already stepped in the puddle. Or the remains of the poodle.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
If it turned on when you opened the door, you would of already stepped in the puddle. Or the remains of the poodle.
Arf! :)

The poodles usually appear after it's been raining cats and dogs.

Bazinga!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mean when I get out of the car, I would like it be turned on be default... especially at night.. :eek:
My previous car would do it for me.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I mean when I get out of the car, I would like it be turned on be default... especially at night.. :eek:
My previous car would do it for me.....
Yes, that would be the ideal case. Unfortunately, it isn't.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks.
Ok. I finally tried it last night. It worked as described. So it is part of the "Home safe lighting" and "Approach lighting"....

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Ok. I finally tried it last night. It worked as described. So it is part of the "Home safe lighting" and "Approach lighting"....
Don't forget, if you need serious lighting, pull the turn signal stalk toward you after shutting down and the headlights will come on for a half-minute or so.Perfect if the garage/carport lighting isn't enough.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Or add LED's that come on when you wake the car up by unlocking the car or opening a door.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't forget, if you need serious lighting, pull the turn signal stalk toward you after shutting down and the headlights will come on for a half-minute or so.Perfect if the garage/carport lighting isn't enough.
I know. Thanks. It is "Home safe lighting"!! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts