SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, at the tip of the light switch stalk there is a button.
I press it while the lights are on the Auto position and it doesn't do anything. What is it for?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi, at the tip of the light switch stalk there is a button.
I press it while the lights are on the Auto position and it doesn't do anything. What is it for?
If you hold it, it’ll reset the trip odometer in the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know, right? All the other odometer controls are elsewhere...

But speaking of the blinker stalk... I have a button on the stall above the rear fog light button. Looks like it’s for fog lights, but do any 2018 XC60s have fog lights? The manual seems to be silent on this topic. I’m wondering if maybe they are on the R Design or something (mine’s an Inscription).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts

But speaking of the blinker stalk... I have a button on the stall above the rear fog light button. Looks like it’s for fog lights, but do any 2018 XC60s have fog lights? The manual seems to be silent on this topic. I’m wondering if maybe they are on the R Design or something (mine’s an Inscription).

Yes if you press it both turning lights stay on together to act as fog lights. Unless you have a T8. T8's do not get the turning lights/fogs due to coolers behind the bumper in that area.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes if you press it both turning lights stay on together to act as fog lights. Unless you have a T8. T8's do not get the turning lights/fogs due to coolers behind the bumper in that area.
You have it backwards. Those are fog lights acting as turning lights. Right?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Yup T8. That’s why I don’t see a difference. Thanks!
And if it is identical to the SPA xc90 T8, a member here indicated that connecting OE foglights to the connector found behind the bumper cover and activating that switch doesn't light up the foglight. So, there must be a missing wiring / circuit somewhere.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Yup T8. That’s why I don’t see a difference. Thanks!
And if it is identical to the SPA xc90 T8, a member here indicated that connecting OE foglights to the connector found behind the bumper cover and activating that switch doesn't light up the foglight. So, there must be a missing wiring / circuit somewhere.
The car knows it doesn't have fog lights so it won't send power there, even when you press the switch.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
The car knows it doesn't have fog lights so it won't send power there, even when you press the switch.
That sounds more like a s/w setting than missing hardware then? (aside from the missing foglight itself)

·
Registered
158 Posts
That sounds more like a s/w setting than missing hardware then? (aside from the missing foglight itself)
Yup. No reason to do that except to make you pay for a service visit.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well they are technically both. By default they act as turn lights/ corner illumination (they have a dedicated corner reflector) and will turn on whichever side you turn your wheel towards. When button is pressed it disables turn function and is a dedicated fog.

·
Registered
158 Posts

My 2018 T6 Inscription came with fog lights. The button above the rear fog lights is the front fog lights.
At my 10k service, they updated the software and now they double duty as cornering lights.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My 2018 T6 Inscription came with fog lights. The button above the rear fog lights is the front fog lights.
At my 10k service, they updated the software and now they double duty as cornering lights.
Odd. The fog lights on MY2018 T6 have behaved as cornering lights since I acquired it late 2017.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well they are technically both. By default they act as turn lights/ corner illumination (they have a dedicated corner reflector) and will turn on whichever side you turn your wheel towards. When button is pressed it disables turn function and is a dedicated fog.
Give it a break.

The logo on the button is a fog light. Fog lights are enabled by the button. Which you can keep on indefinitely.

In the manual it mentions the fog light include corner illumination, not corner lights include fog lights.

The cornering lights only come on while turning in dark or low light environments.

Therefore their primary function is fog lights, secondary, cornering lights.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Odd. The fog lights on MY2018 T6 have behaved as cornering lights since I acquired it late 2017.
What's your build date? Mine is 11/17. If yours is earlier, then that's odd.

Edit: I see your signature lists an XC90. Do you also have an XC60?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts