SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I upgraded to a 2004 XC70 two years ago from a '94 940. The only thing that bugs me about my XC70 is how, especially this time of year when the weather is grey but not dark, my lights intermittently switch from the halogens to the xenons when the switch is in the nine o'clock position. It's annoying because when it's cloudy, I have to turn the switch to 12 o'clock to keep the xenons and halogens from switching back and forth. When it's sunny out, the halogens will stay on until I get into building shadows, which is annoying when driving in the city because they'll constantly switch back and forth depending on when I'm in shadows or not.

The other thing that bugs me is that when the xenons are on, I can't flash my headlights as obviously as other cars. Say if I'm letting somebody make a left turn or letting a pedestrian cross, people can never tell when I'm flashing the xenons because the reflector doesn't make that much of a difference when quickly flashing.

Is there a way to disable the sensor so that the xenons can only switch on and off manually?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts