SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between these 2 turbo's and what are the pro's /cons of each? <br> I have run into this while looking at some new cars but don't understand and can't seem to find anyone here who can explain it??<p>Thanks<br>Stefan

·
Administrator
55,932 Posts
Re: Light Pressure turbo and High pressure Turbo difference? (KSDC)

from my experience - the LPT will feel snappier off the line and the HPT feels like it has a little lag in the low RPMs but comes on much stronger from 3500rpm up. HPT feels best on the highway and the LPT around town. <p>The HPT will have more boost and most likely a larger turbo. <p>HPT: T5s, C70 HPT and R models. - the more "premier" turbo models.<br>LPT: GLT models, AWD, 2.5T, XC70, XC90, etc -- essentially the "entry level" turbo models. <p>That probably is the simplest description. I'm sure someone can give a much better technical description.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Light Pressure turbo and High pressure Turbo difference? (KSDC)

Thanks Chris that explains the difference without getting to technical! I drove the 2.5T AWD and I liked the acceleration off the line on it.<p>I have narrowed my search down to the V70 AWD SE and the Saab 9.3 combi Aero. With the new Passat wagon a distant third.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts