SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says..

Is there any way to lift the throttle pedal a bit? I can't get used to the ~5 to 6cm difference in height between the throttle and brake pedal after, don't laugh please, putting ~1'000+ hours into sim racing with an even pedal box during the past few years..

I already once slipped behind the brake with my toes in a parking lot which I don't really consider safe.
It's okay if I have time to think that I need to lift my foot entirely to place it on the brake but I don't feel particularly safe thinking about an emergency stop at all.
Braking isn't something that should involve thinking in my book, but it's entirely my fault I'm having this issue. :facepalm:

So yeah, I'm open to suggestions, or reasons as to why the throttle actually sits so much lower in most modern cars?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
The mod I've thought about would be pulling the brake pedal to the left a bit for better clearance with bulky footwear.

A throttle lift would be easier than my brake move, I should think, since the entire throttle unit is self-contained on studs on the firewall. How much lift do you want to do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The mod I've thought about would be pulling the brake pedal to the left a bit for better clearance with bulky footwear.

A throttle lift would be easier than my brake move, I should think, since the entire throttle unit is self-contained on studs on the firewall. How much lift do you want to do?
I think 2cm should do, though I haven't measured at all yet.. ;)

Thanks! Not 100% sure I like the idea of that, but I'll investigate it! :)

Semi slipped behind the brake today and and failed to brake, but it luckily was a false alarm. Absolutely sucks and my mum thought "we're not changing anything, it's fine for me"... :facepalm:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts