SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my N/A back from loaning it to my brother over the summer for school. When it returned, the oil level was at the lowest line on the dipstick. Filled it back up, but unfortunately it now has a tick. The video is it at the loudest at idle.

https://flic.kr/p/2hmDVQA

What should I do now, besides dropping the pan and doing the seals? Should I run a different oil going forward, like 5w-40?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It’s a RPM dependent tapping noise, it almost sounds like a diesel when running.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Did the ticking not start until after you had filled the oil back up or had it started prior to that? If the oil is still on the dipstick it's max ~1.2L low which shouldn't really be enough for damage to occur I wouldn't think?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ticking was occurring before refilling the oil to the proper level. I hope there isn’t permanent damage.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Doesn’t sound bad at all. Top it off to the top with Supreme and run a can of Berryman b12 chemtool down the fuel filler. Not the carb cleaner with the nozzle, but the can with the top cap that comes off. Run it for 300 mi and see how it behaves. If close to needing its next engine oil/filter chg, do that now too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sometimes a change in viscosity due to different temps is all it needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts