SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 S60 AWD which I bought off lease from volvo dealership in 2009 with about 58000 kms. Now has 155000 kms. Driven maybe 10000 kms per year. Over the course of my ownership of 10 yrs have had to replace wheel bearings 5 times at volvo dealership...fronts done twice and once left rear. I think another wheel bearing has gone on right side...not sure if front or back wheel...loud rumbling noise that speeds up as car speeds up. Altho this car is awd, never had another car that needed bearings replaced more than once...one wheel...if at all. I dont drive the car hard nor put on many miles per year. Supposedly oem volvo replacement parts. Should this be happening this often?

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
Should this be happening this often?
No, it really shouldn't be happening that often but unfortunately it's pretty normal for this gen car. I've had a bunch of wheel bearings go bad as well.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Wheel bearings do go bad. When you say you had them replaced fivetimes (fronts twice and one left rear replacement), that isn't the same as replacing the same one five times. If the right rear has failed, the fact that others had been replaced has nothing to do with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts